Crazy Mommies

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
One crazy mommy comes to mind.

DD’s first year in Little League, Minors (12U), very first game of the season. The wife and I were surprised that there was so much yelling from the parents on the other team. The loudest was the coach of the other team, mommy of the catcher. Near the end of the game the catcher made a mistake and allowed a run (remember that this is 12U rec); The Mommy-Coach stormed out onto the field yelling and screaming at her catcher-daughter. The Mommy-Coach ripped the catchers mask from the poor girl and yelled at her some more, really making a BIG SCENE…

We nearly pulled DD from softball that day. …and we still see that catcher and her Mommy (no longer a coach) during High School and Summer ball. The Mommy is much quieter now and her daughter is a mid-level player at best.

Jun 30, 2008
I was coaching first base at a 12U game last year. There was another game going on at a field right next to ours. I could hear a mother screaming at the umpire " How could that be a strike, she didn't even swing". She said it over and over. People started laughing at her and made her even madder.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
" How could that be a strike, she didn't even swing".

Now, that is good stuff. I want to put that in my signature line.
And then, there is the mom that yells at her DD in basketball "Forget about the team. Just go coast to coast."

Jun 30, 2008
I know a guy who is an umpire and anytime I get the chance when he's working the plate, I sneak up behind him and yell that line. It always gets a laugh from him and I get a lot of looks from people.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
I hope I'm not a crazy mommy, but I am sure some of the parents on DD's team think I'm nuts. Oh and I am JUST a parent, but I help coach out as needed, because I can't just sit and watch.
My DD has played semi-comp ball for 2 years. The new team she is on came from a non-comp league (maybe even lower than rec) and wants to get better to compete for school ball. We are playing rec and DD guest plays for tournament teams. These parents have no clue about some of the rules at this level of play.
Very 1st scrimmage, we had been with the team about a month and I had only met a few parents. 3rd strike drop, and I tell the batter to run. The mom tells me, we don't play ball that way. She struck out, why'd you tell her to go. *sigh* Welcome to the big leagues!
Just last week at a game, the girls were winning (which is a rarity in and of itself) and they were all fired up in the dugout. My DD is LOUD and exuberant!! A mom, that I had never seen before, says something about them being noisy and it's distracting and they need to quiet down. I tell her they actually play better with the cheering and chanting then when it is quiet. In my mind I am thinking, you would know this is you had actually been coming to the games.

I'm not crazy, just intense! I don't yell at coaches. I don't yell at umps. Matter of fact I usually thank them after the games. I don't go off on other players.
Now if you saw me with my 8U DD's team, I am a complete opposite and sit and quietly watch her games. I may give snippets of advice to the catcher, who my older DD is mentoring, and say something to my own DD, but that is about it. Oh and I thank the umps after the game for being patient with the girls.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32