crankermo's DD Brooke

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
From crankermo:

From redhotcoach:

I know Howe isn't a fan of the phrase the shoulder delivers the hands, but it helped my DD. As mentioned previously, different ways of describing things resonate better with DD than others.

Good stuff in there!

My DD is still a bit challenged by maintaining a firm enough connection between her hands and her shoulders, and it plays out with hand dropping and bat dragging issues. I'm going to see how she reacts with some of the cues you quoted from CM and RHC, and hope I can help her connect a couple of dots. One of the things that has always been an issue is that my DD is quite flexible, and getting her to feel tension in specific parts of her body often gets her twisted too far to be effective.

Always looking for the magic words...

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Always looking for the magic words...

Try letting your DD describe the function. I will sit down with mine, show her some of the gifs from this site, and ask her to describe what she sees. What are the hips doing? What are the hands doing? etc. I allow her to describe the action and then I use "her" words when we work together. At least in her case pictures (or gifs) are worth 1000 words!!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Try letting your DD describe the function. I will sit down with mine, show her some of the gifs from this site, and ask her to describe what she sees. What are the hips doing? What are the hands doing? etc. I allow her to describe the action and then I use "her" words when we work together. At least in her case pictures (or gifs) are worth 1000 words!!

That's a good idea. I need to try some new tactics.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd