crankermo's DD Brooke

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
We were also at the IDT. 16U in Longmont. Went 7-1-1 and finished tied for 5th. Only loss was to the Beverly Bandits. OR NW Bullets were in our pool, but as luck would have it they were the only team in our pool we didn't play.

I posted a video of my DD's swing several months ago. Someone said my DD reminded him of Crankermo's DD. Might be something to that because my DD also had three homers in Longmont. :) Good luck the rest of the season.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
crankermo_zpsf6da172a.gif

crankermo2_zpscbaca209.gif

May 3, 2014
Yes! This is exactly the type of move that was talked about in another thread - rear leg holding as the front leg starts to open stretching muscles that want to contract back to normal. I teach my hitters to keep the back knee back as they move forward - helps them adjust to CU.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Yes! This is exactly the type of move that was talked about in another thread - rear leg holding as the front leg starts to open stretching muscles that want to contract back to normal. I teach my hitters to keep the back knee back as they move forward - helps them adjust to CU.

If you teach to hold the back knee, interesting.
when you tighten your coil, in the inner thigh, it sucks the knee in.
So if you move out, coiling, and hold the knee, it will cause the front side to close, showing your pocket to the pitcher.

hmm,

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
The hip coil (if you are coiling the hip) will keep the rear knee back and make the swing reactive.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Does anyone here ever consider DYNAMIC BALANCE? Let's look at the real issue and compare to the hitters that are being used as comparisons. Watch the heads. Watch how they change their COM. Watch how that works in the HIPS... This young lady's COM stays centered, so of course she's going to carry that forward into foot-plant.

Here's a small exercise to try. Stand on your rear leg, now slowly begin to reach out with your front leg. See how far you can reach out. What happens in your rear hip? Do you get rear hip flexion? Do you change your center of mass? Do you drop your center of gravity?

crankermo_zpsf6da172a.gif
CDavisOverlap.gif

BustosOverlap.gif

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Yes and Schmitty is not a big man so I think you are spot on that the girls can/should emulate him!
Sure,6'3'' 245lbs isn't big.
Compared to whom?
buttermaker.gif

Who suggested that girls should/can emulate Schmitty?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdowowihcw