crankermo's DD Brooke

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
Who are you? Do you have anything to say or do you just try and act like a bully on this board. Been looking up your recent posts - really nothing constructive at all besides seeming to be someone else's mouthpiece.

Sure,6'3'' 245lbs isn't big.
Compared to whom?
buttermaker.gif

Who suggested that girls should/can emulate Schmitty?

May 3, 2014
Why read that crap? How about an original thought on your part? There are a couple of posters with real world experience to pay attention to - like Cannonball, Bouldersdad and Crankermo - you instead listen to someone who has no one in the fastpitch game with any level of success. PStein, can you feel me? Doling out advice like you have sent players off to college with success...

Thanks but I will continue to pay attention to the posters I mentioned above and try and give you others a hard time whenever you try and peddle that other nonsense.

Read the HI Blog
Cuts out the middle man. Your welcome.:)

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
On the Left: Dynamic balance controlled in the rear hip via flexion, dual ER squat. Which changes the COM and allows control of the middle.

On the Right: Zero rear hip flexion, no coil, no held RHER (but ACTIVE ER at move-out) and though he pokes his rear elbow back, it does not prevent him from losing the middle. He does get to dual ER, but has no stretch as you can see how he gives up the rear knee.... NO SSC setup.

MaciasHoward2.gif

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I don't know if anyone saw the Dodger's/Cardinal's game but Matt Adams was interviewed afterwards about what turned his year around. It was really interesting hearing him talk. He was focused too much on mechanics during games. So, he leaves work on mechanics for practice or hitting before a game. During the game while on deck etc. he only thinks about hand action.

Again, I thought that this was really good. Per my child, she most often does the drill we called, "WGD" on deck with an emphasis of adding hands/wrist action. Howe has seen some of that work and could probably describe it better than I. Anyway, I wanted to make mention of this. If anyone else heard this conversation and I left anything out, please feel free to add it.

this is what I also like to have my players do on deck, hands wrist action.
devondeckgiff-S.gif

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
I am noticing something strange going on here.

buttermaker.gif

howe.gif
Yes! Butter outdid me by changing his Avatar - which made me laugh uncontrollable. So I did my best to keep pace, though I think I've fallen short; everyone loves Chubsy Ubsy... :D

Back to the hitting - Did you see the analysis?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't know if anyone saw the Dodger's/Cardinal's game but Matt Adams was interviewed afterwards about what turned his year around. It was really interesting hearing him talk. He was focused too much on mechanics during games. So, he leaves work on mechanics for practice or hitting before a game. During the game while on deck etc. he only thinks about hand action.

Again, I thought that this was really good. Per my child, she most often does the drill we called, "WGD" on deck with an emphasis of adding hands/wrist action. Howe has seen some of that work and could probably describe it better than I. Anyway, I wanted to make mention of this. If anyone else heard this conversation and I left anything out, please feel free to add it.

I did not see the interview, but this theory makes a lot of sense to me. One of my pet peeves is listening to coach's "over coach" while a hitter is in the batter's box or a pitcher is in the circle. Coach before the game and at practice. Once the game starts, let them play!

May 23, 2012
Eastlake, OH
Yes! Butter outdid me by changing his Avatar - which made me laugh uncontrollable. So I did my best to keep pace, though I think I've fallen short; everyone loves Chubsy Ubsy... :D

Back to the hitting - Did you see the analysis?

I did and I admit that even with some of the supporting info I am behind the curve on understanding the terminology. What I did see was a lot more linear movement of mass forward with the hitter on the right. What did you mean by giving up the back knee?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd