coresoftball 20

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 28, 2014
Sorta amazing that can't even find any of the current year model bats even on "sale" currently.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Well, problem is LS is made in China, so they don't stock as much as they used to since the buyout from Wilson. They
are working on the Chinese manufacturers time frame. Which is why LS gets backordered all the time right away.
They will do a shipment, and then boom, backordered for months.

May 23, 2015
Well damn that didnt take long.

Wilson buys out/merges with LS, Demarini, etc.....and then starts turning the screws. Wow.

Wont be buying from the doofus' at the big boxes. DD was always a demarini kid but will seriously consider others now.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Well damn that didnt take long.

Wilson buys out/merges with LS, Demarini, etc.....and then starts turning the screws. Wow.

Wont be buying from the doofus' at the big boxes. DD was always a demarini kid but will seriously consider others now.

I hope you do...one of the few. Wilson knows as a whole, people will go to and pay whatever they want them to. Until their cash cow stops.
at 349...stores make 150 bucks for doing nothing, and Wilson gets even more by the Big stores (box and online) agreeing to buy more.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Looking for some suggestions here please. DD busted her 2017 LXT, LS has honored the warranty and emailed me the $350 voucher already, which has to be used @ Slugger.com ONLY! The problem is they are completely out of 33/23 LXT's with what looks like no inventory in sight! Before anyone says get a Quatro, or get a CF, my DD loves the LXT's! Plus I've got money tied up in this bat/voucher. I guess in this situation do you guys just buy another bat and wait for new stock to come in and cash in the voucher?

Anna's broke two other bats before this one but they were way out of warranty, this is our first warranty claim. I guess in my mind (looks like I'm wrong) I thought LS kept enough bats in stock of a particular model and size to cover warranty issues, again, I guess I'm wrong!?

Mar 15, 2017
You would think that they would have enough inventory but they could also be doing the whole supply/demand thing. Keep the supply just low enough and demand will be high. That's sucks. My daughter used to love her LXT until it was time to upgrade. I didn't even give her the option based on what they did to Core and just went with the Quattro. She loves it even more than her LXT. You might just have to pick one up and then wait for the stock to replenish. Or if she is ready or can, move up in size?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
You would think that they would have enough inventory but they could also be doing the whole supply/demand thing. Keep the supply just low enough and demand will be high. That's sucks. My daughter used to love her LXT until it was time to upgrade. I didn't even give her the option based on what they did to Core and just went with the Quattro. She loves it even more than her LXT. You might just have to pick one up and then wait for the stock to replenish. Or if she is ready or can, move up in size?

Thanks, yeah she just moved up to the 33/23 this past December. It's definitely working great for her, she's 5'0" and 115 lbs. She's had 2 HR's in school ball so far and usually hits anywhere from 3 to 5 out in practice daily. It's bordering on being a big bat for her size but she's crazy strong for her small frame! What size Quatro is your DD using and did you guys move up in size with the new Quatro?

Mar 15, 2017
My DD went from a 29/18 to a 31/21. She hit the LXT pretty good but she hit her first HR this last Saturday with the Quattro and it was a big one. We had BP last night and it just seems that she is hitting the ball so much harder than her LXT. My DD just turned 10 and weighs about 84lbs. Nothing against the LXT because I know they are a good bat but she loves her new one and has crazy confidence with it so far. We have only about 80-100 swings on it at most and it just keeps getting better

Also, if you decide on one, see if Core can get you one. If not, let me know and I will tell you where we got ours. The price was so low it was no brainer.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Once Wilson took over LS a couple years ago...the stock was cut down. Now they do not get as much stock from China as they
used to. That's why things are on back order a week after they come out. Not much stock is kept and they really have no idea
when they will get more. And actually, with new ones coming out soon I suppose, you might not see any but who knows. Good luck
on the wait. Need a Quatro, lmk...haha

Its a bad idea in my opinion, you need to keep warranty bats around even if sometimes it causes some old
stock. So you make a couple less bucks...when your making that much money, a couple dollars shouldn't
matter in the scheme of things to keep customers happy

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Once Wilson took over LS a couple years ago...the stock was cut down. Now they do not get as much stock from China as they
used to. That's why things are on back order a week after they come out. Not much stock is kept and they really have no idea
when they will get more. And actually, with new ones coming out soon I suppose, you might not see any but who knows. Good luck
on the wait. Need a Quatro, lmk...haha

Its a bad idea in my opinion, you need to keep warranty bats around even if sometimes it causes some old
stock. So you make a couple less bucks...when your making that much money, a couple dollars shouldn't
matter in the scheme of things to keep customers happy

Thanks Todd and thanks for replying to my text so fast this morning! I had a few minutes and called LS's customer service again today, after talking to and telling the first idiot to get me a supervisor, that was definitely no better! I was told if I wanted a bat soon I'd have to buy one, period! That it would be sometime in June before I could get a 33/23 LXT. She did say I could get a 2017 CF9 with my warranty voucher but they didn't have any -10 balanced models, just slapper and end loaded models. She started trying to tell me how the slapper model would benefit my 5'0" right handed DD who has NEVER slapped a ball in her life! I politely asked her to stop talking and please listen, and it's like she didn't even hear me, just kept talking...........I'm done with them!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi