Cooler Rule?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I have my canopy, boy it can be hot out there.

Think it was 2 years ago but our new local rule was stop the sticking game if it is hot.

Seen a bunch in BB and SB, worst was player on opposing team just dropping. She looked OK, then she just calapst.

Nov 3, 2012
Could be that some people at tournaments don't like to see the nice the scenery littered by colorful square plastic boxes and maybe has nothing to do with people buying less concessions resulting in less profit for the tourney.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Could be that some people at tournaments don't like to see the nice the scenery littered by colorful square plastic boxes and maybe has nothing to do with people buying less concessions resulting in less profit for the tourney.

With the clear view you can see the unicorns, the rising riseballs, and the 10U pitchers with 6 legitimate pitches. There would be no need for restrooms as everyone would eat rainbows (purchased onsite) and poop butterflies. Yeah, that's it!

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Have you all run into a tournament rule that allows only a single "team cooler",
and bans players from having their own small coolers for drinks, snacks, towels, etc?

what the heck?

Yep.... ESPN WWOS in Orlando used to be really strict about this but have surprisingly relaxed it - same with a lot of Orlando area parks. It is now basically 'no glass, no alcohol' and they do check every cooler to make sure. Interesting in South Florida I have NOT seen cooler restrctions - I think it is because of field design - most complexes do not have surrounding fences so blocking access to the fields is near impossible.

I am OK with it in the following circumstances:
- The tournament is providing water and Gatorade/similar in every dugout plus cups
- They do let one BIG cooler in which holds enough water/gatorade/frogtogs/etc for the entire team + parents.

Otherwise - yes - it is just a cash grab.

We were at USSSA World Series last week and we were going through 4-5 bottles water per player every game. We were killing the out-of-state teams that were not drinking anywhere near enough nor did many appear hydrated when they turned up. By inning 5 they were done.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
We played in one this year where the park/city rec department only allowed one cooler per team. They did have water in every dugout and also misting systems.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
The local Jennie Finch outlet complex only allows one team cooler. Turf fields, in the summer they hit 115-120 degrees. The concession wait times are generally 45-60 minutes for an $8 burger.

We don't play there anymore.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quickpitch