Continuing on the Journey

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
10wo00y.gif

crystalbustos1.gif

FFS,
Trying to see ....The slack in the system...hands can be engaged earlier.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
10wo00y.gif

fballchgup,
Tell your DD very nice swing. Your DD will do very well with that swing at the plate. Good job dad you should be pleased.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Absolutely!

There is always room for improvement ... but this here is quite healthy.

To be honest with you when you were speaking of the 'slack' in the system, I thought you were talking about as the hands move back/rearward. I see what you are now speaking about after your response. Always like to learn more as I view videos.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Nice.
A girl with stretch/coil, probably 1-100.
add good hand pivot, probably 1-1000.
And
good back usage...priceless.

My advice...build her brain and confidence. Her success and just the sound of her bat will draw a lot of attention to her. You can't be with her all the time and she WILL be having dip head dads/coaches telling her what she "needs to be doing". Spend a lot of time talking to her...I show my dd all your kids swings on here and ask her analysis...then tell her what I think and why...then stay true to the hanson principle and show her video to support my thoughts. She has gone to several clinics and camps, and came out saying "they don't know what the heck they are talking about."

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Nice.
add good hand pivot, probably 1-1000.And

My advice...build her brain and confidence. Her success and just the sound of her bat will draw a lot of attention to her. You can't be with her all the time and she WILL be having dip head dads/coaches telling her what she "needs to be doing". Spend a lot of time talking to her...I show my dd all your kids swings on here and ask her analysis...then tell her what I think and why...then stay true to the hanson principle and show her video to support my thoughts. She has gone to several clinics and camps, and came out saying "they don't know what the heck they are talking about."

25i9mko.jpg

10wo00y.gif

Posted for the 'nit picker' in me and maybe others.

Feb 14, 2010
Nice.
add good hand pivot, probably 1-1000.
And

Great post RHC. It's extremely important for everyone's DD to become a student of the HLS and to know what their body is telling them. I had my DD sit down and disect her swing on every video we've ever done. In my experiences, everyone thinks they are a hitting coach when most are complete idiots

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00