Continuing on the Journey

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

R

RayR

Front toss can introduce slack because you are essentially slowing things down for less then full speed pitch, but to compare watch the front stripe on the college girls jersey/shorts...RHC offered a priceless observation...

10wo00y.gif

crystalbustos1.gif

Overall there is a lot to like - when she figures out how to work the back muscles instead of using the shoulders - look out...

Mar 12, 2009
Very nice! I'm sure she will see the differences others have pointed out in the side by side clips but compared to a lot of swings I see this is very good. Maybe a little too much independent lead leg action???

My daughter loses everything as soon as a live pitch is thrown. I don't know if she's thinking about the pitcher too much, worrying about getting hit by the ball or just thinking about what she should be doing but her swing doesn't transition like this one!

Feb 14, 2010
Eric,

You are on here and other sites trying to learn, just like me. I respect you for that. The ones I have problems with are those that charge parents serious money for terrible info. I can't count how many parents I've watched get fleeced and it makes me sick but it's their fault for blindly paying someone.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric,

You are on here and other sites trying to learn, just like me. I respect you for that. The ones I have problems with are those that charge parents serious money for terrible info. I can't count how many parents I've watched get fleeced and it makes me sick but it's their fault for blindly paying someone.

I appreciate the vote of confidence, crankermo. Your journey with your DD is one I use as an example for my own journey. I hope my DD can reach the level your has, and I'm trying to do what I can to get her there.

For me, I don't have a problem paying for information. However, the information has to make sense inside my own head, not just because someone tells me so. Down the road a ways, I might discover that I took a few wrong turns. It's all part of the process. These are things I need to find out for myself - right or wrong.

Nov 21, 2012
New England
Nice.
A girl with stretch/coil, probably 1-100.
add good hand pivot, probably 1-1000.
And
good back usage...priceless.

My advice...build her brain and confidence. Her success and just the sound of her bat will draw a lot of attention to her. You can't be with her all the time and she WILL be having dip head dads/coaches telling her what she "needs to be doing". Spend a lot of time talking to her...I show my dd all your kids swings on here and ask her analysis...then tell her what I think and why...then stay true to the hanson principle and show her video to support my thoughts. She has gone to several clinics and camps, and came out saying "they don't know what the heck they are talking about."

RHC, thank you for your words, Liv will enjoy reading your post. We do watch a lot of swings together and she is getting good at analyzing swings and picking things out. Knucklehead coaches are always a concern, but she just smiles and nods now whenever she hears "keep that back shoulder up and squish that bug."

Nov 21, 2012
New England
Very nice! I'm sure she will see the differences others have pointed out in the side by side clips but compared to a lot of swings I see this is very good. Maybe a little too much independent lead leg action???

My daughter loses everything as soon as a live pitch is thrown. I don't know if she's thinking about the pitcher too much, worrying about getting hit by the ball or just thinking about what she should be doing but her swing doesn't transition like this one!

Thanks drc, what helped us and what we are currently working on during front toss is trying not to focus on hitting the ball. I tell her to simply try to make a "good swing" and don't worry about the results.

Nov 21, 2012
New England
10wo00y.gif

fballchgup,
Tell your DD very nice swing. Your DD will do very well with that swing at the plate. Good job dad you should be pleased.

Thank you rdb, I appreciate it. Liv is very motivated to improve. She is 12 years old now and her swing is better than it was at 11 but not as good as it will be at 13.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Thank you rdb, I appreciate it. Liv is very motivated to improve. She is 12 years old now and her swing is better than it was at 11 but not as good as it will be at 13.

It IS good. But, the goal is better today than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow. M.H.
This is what my signature at the bottom of my page. How crazy is that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad