Continuing on the Journey

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 21, 2012
New England
Updated tee swings from 12yo dd. Working on coiling into good attack position at toe touch. (Front shoulder lower like in Miggy clips.) She loves watching Miggy swing!
Turn the barrel is still a battle were fighting but getting closer I think.
Any comments, tips, or suggestions are always welcome. Hopefully the video works.
Apologize for the vertical video, not enough room to back up and get entire shot horizontally. (I know the shop is a disaster!)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_Mgr48kxZOI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Looks nice....

I still like the video where she was hitting balls out into the woods. That would be good for my labradors:D

SL

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
How about you sharing how you instructed your DD. Alot of dads would like to know how you and your DD practiced to get to this point. What cues or teaching points did you stress to your DD. A nice swing there by the way. You and your DD have worked hard. Keep up the good work.

Nov 21, 2012
New England
How about you sharing how you instructed your DD. Alot of dads would like to know how you and your DD practiced to get to this point. What cues or teaching points did you stress to your DD. A nice swing there by the way. You and your DD have worked hard. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for the kind words. She has worked hard.
I think we have literally tried everything and believe me we still have a long way to go. The game swings are still a battle between bat drag and turn the barrel but she will get it.
We worked coiling forward alot trying to get to that good attack (we call it the Miggy) position. I think if you can coil to that position with the hands still back you are very close to the makings of a good swing. Turning the barrel is something she still struggles with and is what we are currently working on. Once she can get it into live swings everytime then we will be cooking with peanut oil! (Sorry, duck dynasty is on tonight.)

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
FB it's a nice swing. Tell DD She is doing great!
Do you have any videos hitting with the Tee in a different position? ie. lower, knee high or just above the knee?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Thank you for the kind words. She has worked hard.
I think we have literally tried everything and believe me we still have a long way to go. The game swings are still a battle between bat drag and turn the barrel but she will get it.
We worked coiling forward alot trying to get to that good attack (we call it the Miggy) position. I think if you can coil to that position with the hands still back you are very close to the makings of a good swing. Turning the barrel is something she still struggles with and is what we are currently working on. Once she can get it into live swings everytime then we will be cooking with peanut oil! (Sorry, duck dynasty is on tonight.)

Like it! "Coil...., and keep your hands back". I am always trying to find ways to communicate to kids in a simple way...and more important in a way they can recommunicate it to their coaches so they understand what they are working on.

Stick with it, and it will show in the games. You should see her launching balls with what appears to be much less effort than other girls. Some times there are timing issues for a bit, especially if they used to hit out front. Stick with it and she will be squaring up quik enough.

The low knee high tee position is a good spot to start on with turning the barrel.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2012
New England
Thanks TR, will try to get some video with that tee position.
RHC, thanks for the words of encouragement, she will love to hear that from someone other than me!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00