Continuing on the Journey

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 28, 2012
You seriously respond to this stuff after reading that blog? Have fun with that. I can increase my bat speed by spinning 3 times to get up to speed and then really letting it fly. Sure, adjustability suffers a tad, but who cares! My bat speed is through the roof!

Aug 28, 2012
Petricca413,
Wow, two ways to go here:
1) convince you that your information is so bad and appeal to the altruistic side of you to stop posting and shut down your blog in the name of protecting children everywhere.

Or

2) convince you that your information is so good and valuable that you really should charge a really high price to access it and stop posting and blogging for free.

Either way, your information is by far the most damaging free information it have seen in sometime and cloaking it in a blog with a website unfortunately will give it credibility in some readers eyes. I hope you find a new hobby soon.

Cheers,
NoonTime

Nov 21, 2012
New England
knightsb, thank you for your comments. We will try the tee placement you suggested next time.

tr, thanks for the advice. We appreciate anything you are willing to share. Pushing the hands away is a concern we had and she has been doing well to fight that by rocking a little rhythmic circle with her hands to get to "miggy position"

petricca413, thank you for commenting on Liv's mechanics. She is a very hard worker and a great kid to boot! I appreciate your advice but we are pretty happy with her handset right now.

Mark

May 24, 2013
So Cal
torque-hitting.com said:
During a baseball or softball swing, both arms should be stiff, forming a “V” shape at impact with the ball.

petricca413 - Can you provide examples of top hitters who intentionally do this?

Nov 9, 2013
Lightning.jpg

This is a sequence from a USA softball hitter. Hitters won't always achieve perfect extension at the time of impact, but that is the goal. Don't just take my word for it, if you slow down the video of some of the best MLB hitters, they achieve this "power V" as close to impact as possible. They then hold this extension as long as possible, in order to maintain the bat speed they generated.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
View attachment 4922

This is a sequence from a USA softball hitter. Hitters won't always achieve perfect extension at the time of impact, but that is the goal. Don't just take my word for it, if you slow down the video of some of the best MLB hitters, they achieve this "power V" as close to impact as possible. They then hold this extension as long as possible, in order to maintain the bat speed they generated.

Hitters are not at extension or 'power V' at contact. That is not their goal. Extension is a result of what happens upstream of the swing.
Lets start with Cabrera's swing:
Cabrera_FB_highside_sync.gif

Don't just take my word for it, slow down this gif and see what happens at impact. Also see when Cabrera gets to extension/power V. I think you will see extension after contact.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Shall we continue:
mannyswingplane.gif

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Ball meets bat.........................................................After ball leaves bat.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Rear elbow straight or a little flexed at contact????

1felv4.gif

Kaitlin Cochran Team USA

nvab1x.gif

Jessica Mendoza Team USA

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207