Contact information for Coach Hal

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Bm. Now I see the source of your argument with him... If he isn't teaching it then what is he teaching? Please tell me that trick in his book about showing up late and not telling your coach is not true? If so.. Then no reason to continue any talk of pitching with Mr skinner. Please say it's not true

great flip flop...all up in BMs grill to fire this up and then rolling over and saying pet my belly....

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Hal,
I'm trying to understand how speed is generated from your experience. Is the primary source of power a strong leap and drag?

How does the arm contribute to speed?

Is whip (elbow pausing at the side) overrated? Should the primary focus with a kid be using your foundational method (which I use with every kid I see) to develop a strong drive as the key for generating speeding the safest manner possible?

Thanks,
Ken

Jul 14, 2008
I just have to re-post this because Hal Skinner will say anything.........And I mean ANYTHING to protect his "legend in his own mind" reputation.........Including saying things and then making up excuses for the things he's said.........IN THE SAME THREAD NO LESS......

If you see a pitcher throw a pitch and her stride foot touches down before the pivot foot leaves the rubber, that ids a 'Step Style' pitcher .

If you see a pitcher throw a pitch and her pivot foot is pulled away from the rubber before the stride foot touches down, that is a 'Leap and Drag' pitcher.

Now he's trying to BS his way around HIS OWN STATEMENT.........By saying that when a pitchers foot is pulled away from the rubber it confirms a step style pitcher.......HUH?????????

This young lady has tremendous leg drive off the rubber........She cruises at 66mph..........If this is a "stepper".......And ANYONE here believes it, OR SKINNER'S CONSTANT BS when it concerns what I teach........Please feel free to leave me out of your journey........Because you are as stupid as he thinks you are..........

5z3tg.gif

Anyone who wants to follow his nonsense is encouraged...........I don't care.........But leave me out of it.........I don't care to be associated with his BS..........

Don't even get me started on his BS about how pitchers should not stand tall and be balanced BEHIND the plant foot.......But according to him, should have so much forward momentum and lean that they HAVE TO WALK/RUN OUT OF THE PITCH..........

The man has NO CLUE about I/R.........NO CLUE about Kinematic Transfer.........NO CLUE about whip........And NO CLUE what makes the GREATEST PITCHER GREAT.......And it ain't because they "run at the batter"........

OH MY GAUD PEOPLE...........How stupid does he think are you?????????????

Feb 26, 2013
The issue is the personal attacks and self aggrandizement. I'll let you figure out who is the culprit. The viewing on the pitching section of the board and posting have dropped. Of course, I don't have video or proof. Just a gut feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877