Consistancy and accuracy

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
It can take years for them to be consistently decent.

Mine is 14 been pitching for 2 years. She has finally figured out standing up, not leaning and release point is an important part to good pitching. 2 weeks ago we finally introduced an off speed and now working with curve ball. Do not give up and never be to prideful to get her professional (good) help.

My daughter was excellent to stick in through the line up once and then at the end of the game for the past two years. Hopefully with her maturity in growth, physical and mental she can handle the pressure of a full game with pitches being called.

Do not give up - key words.

Aug 20, 2013
I applaud you for taking this on on your own. This is no easy task and while many will tell you to get a PC, some PCs aren't the best and do teach the wrong things or can flake on you. May I ask why you moved her up? Just curious.

GG

Feb 8, 2013
Her original summer league team went to select, ours could have gone and did go to one tryout but I just felt I did not want to have 24/7 softball shoved down her throat with her maturity at this time. Let me preference, I can ask my 8 yr son lets go practice and he is out the door...he is very passionate for the game but my daughter it's like pulling teeth at times to get her to practice. I still ask her every other month or so if she still likes playing and wants to continue and the answer has always been yes.

The biggest reason is because her team got split up and we wanted to go ahead and start throwing and getting used to the 12" ball. Right now she will be the 2nd or third starter on this fall league team.

Aug 20, 2013
So as I understand to stay at 10U she would have to be on a travel team that is very active, but 12U is still a rec league? Just want to make sure I understand. Mine isn't thrilled to practice, but is when she gets to pitch. I reminder her that practice will have her pitching more.

GG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan