Composite Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 11, 2009
I am trying to figure out how you hit the metal part of a tee and how that would break a bat. People whack those things on telephone poles and they don't break. It is good or a composite to be used for tee work.

It wasnt a tee. I was so mad I walked right back out as I thought she chose to use the bat on the thing and we both know she should know better. From what I saw of the thing it probably was some honkin metal contraption to discourage dropping of hands which she does. Ive seen them before but never really checked them out to know how they are used. It was a CF3. DD knows when to use her cage bat but listened to her new coach. Wish I was in there cause no way that would have happened...One time I dont watch like a hawk. After she broke her bat other players used facility bats to hit off the thing. Tell your daughters when to use their cage bats and stick to their guns. I know it may be hard for them but if they dont its a $230.00 mistake.

Oct 25, 2009
I believe that freezing an aluminum bat has to do with recyrstallization. Recrystallization replaces exiting grains with new strain free grains. The density of dislocations is reduced, strength is lowered and ductility is increased. One desirable property of recrystallization is that grain size will be reduced if there has been a considerable amount of deformation, changing a large rain structure into a smaller and more desirable small grain one. This is for metal only.

Wonder why that doesn't work on radiators and engine blocks? Best advice is don't muck with the bat. If the bat manufacturers don't do it or recommend it I wouldn't do it, either.

Oct 25, 2009
It wasnt a tee. I was so mad I walked right back out as I thought she chose to use the bat on the thing and we both know she should know better. From what I saw of the thing it probably was some honkin metal contraption to discourage dropping of hands which she does. Ive seen them before but never really checked them out to know how they are used. It was a CF3. DD knows when to use her cage bat but listened to her new coach. Wish I was in there cause no way that would have happened...One time I dont watch like a hawk. After she broke her bat other players used facility bats to hit off the thing. Tell your daughters when to use their cage bats and stick to their guns. I know it may be hard for them but if they dont its a $230.00 mistake.

I would make it a point to watch her instruction. That way you learn along with her. At all my private lessons at least one parent is there and usually the one helping her with her game. Team lessons their coaches are normally there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid