Broken Bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2021
My DD got a new Marucci Echo Dmnd a couple months ago (single piece composite) and her travel coach is telling her it is broken since it bounces when he taps it on ground like a wood bat (I'm not thrilled he's doing that but regardless...) He also says it doesn't sound right. I can't find anything anywhere backing this up regarding the bouncing indicating something is broke internally. There is no rattle. No cracks.

Anyone heard this before? I know it's under warranty but don't want to make any frivolous claims.

Dec 13, 2022
My DD got a new Marucci Echo Dmnd a couple months ago (single piece composite) and her travel coach is telling her it is broken since it bounces when he taps it on ground like a wood bat (I'm not thrilled he's doing that but regardless...) He also says it doesn't sound right. I can't find anything anywhere backing this up regarding the bouncing indicating something is broke internally. There is no rattle. No cracks.

Anyone heard this before? I know it's under warranty but don't want to make any frivolous claims.
My easton sy100w does the same thing and makes a ringing sound like a vibration noise when tapped on the ground with the knob of the handle but can't find anything wrong with it. it definitely doesn't sound right though

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The Marucci is not a gap-walled bat, so there should not be a rattle like you would get with a LS Meta. The gel dampening knob can make for a different feel, but I've never heard of what you're referring to in any of their bats before. I feel your coach may not be familiar with this bat.

Does the bat perform still? No cracks or rattles? Don't let the coach bounce the bat on the ground. These bats, while more durable than some, aren't designed for that. Keep hitting the bat until you see real damage.

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019

Is the coach a quality control consultant?

Maybe he should bounce ALL the bats around and create a symphony, like people swirl their finger around the lip of Tiffany glasses with water, they can make different sounds 🥳

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019

So here's the big questions 🙂
Does the coach have a daughter on the team?
Is your daughter hitting better than the coach's daughter?

Seriously why would he need to go bounce the bat on the ground? If it's not rattling or making any strange noises on its own while swinging it and there's no visible damage?

Jun 8, 2016
Seriously why would he need to go bounce the bat on the ground? If it's not rattling or making any strange noises on its own while swinging it and there's no visible damage?
OP said instructor thought it didn't sound right (I am assuming at contact with ball..). The guy is probably clueless but no need for everybody to act like he is the second coming of Attila the Hun..sounds like he was just trying to help out..

radness

Dec 13, 2019
OP said instructor thought it didn't sound right (I am assuming at contact with ball..). The guy is probably clueless but no need for everybody to act like he is the second coming of Attila the Hun..sounds like he was just trying to help out..
LOL you telling everybody how they should act hilarious!

*Try to differentiate some humor, from the word serious

Read the OP's post to mean when he bounced it on the ground it didn't sound right 🤷‍♀️
That's why my post said
seriously why is he bouncing it on the ground? Since it didn't otherwise have any other peculiarity.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee