Broken Bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah, at this point I feel I've done way more research and testing/observation on bats than most anyone who is in my DD's life. Best bat conversations are silly. Whatever produces results and has the girl's confidence is the best bat.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yeah, at this point I feel I've done way more research and testing/observation on bats than most anyone who is in my DD's life. Best bat conversations are silly. Whatever produces results and has the girl's confidence is the best bat.
My problem is. Lots of hitting coaches have a fav bat, so no other bat is good enough or they hear something
on every bat. Some hitting coaches will rep for a certain brand as well..which is why its their favorite...haha. So they
make money on the kid buying another bat.

Other hitting coaches use their position to try and convince parents to buy certain bats because they
get a kickback from the store. They have a deal with the cage owners or a local store. So every kid needs
a new bat. "Oh, did you know that bat sounds broken or seems dead. Did you know that bat isnt very good. I have a friend
who can get you a really good bat and he sells cheap. if you want her hitting to improve, you should invest in a diff bat"
And the parents do it because he is an expert...haha. I have heard this in action a lot.

Again, dont know this guy or anything. Just making a broad statement. But most bats will make noise when you hit the handle
on the ground. Thats common knowledge.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee