Comfortable Cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 17, 2019
Anyone have recommendations for comfortable cleats? My DD is always composing about her feet hurting, she is currently using boombah cleats which she likes, just by the end of practice she is complaining about her getting. We’ve tried ringors and don’t like them because they take forever to break in, and she’s usually outgrown them by then, and they are so much heavier then other cleats.

Jun 26, 2014
Seguin, TX
One daughter loves the new ringors. My other daughter loves the new balance. They use inserts in both. They use Spenco total support max insoles.

Jun 24, 2016
My daughter wore Mizuno for years but just bought a pair of New Balance and said they are WAY more comfortable.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD has been using New Balance for a bunch of years. As a catcher, comfortable cleats are important for her.

I've had very good luck with Superfeet insoles for some of my athletic shoes that require help with fit and/or comfort.

Apr 20, 2015
New balance is the best. Ringor has a light version. Boombah is trash, used to go through 2-3 pairs a summer because of them wearing down, really only good for very light play

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Apr 17, 2019
Do you guys recommend a size bigger when using insoles. Also she’s a pitcher so when she had ringers they were pitching toes.

Jun 30, 2021
My DD always complained about her feet hurting when she was younger. She switched to the RInger cleat and really liked them. We moved to a new program two years ago and they have a deal with New Balance. Her preference now is the New Balance. She says they're more comfortable and lighter than what she had worn in the past. I do order her a wide because she prefers a little room in the toe box...

Jan 24, 2020
New Balance Is the preferred shoe for DD, she likes that they come in a wider fit, and that she doesn't feel the pressure points where the spikes are on hard dirt, something that she complained about with Mizunos & Under Armor. Some people feel NB are a bit heavier, but DD isn't a speedster so that is least of her concerns with shoes. Nikes work OK for her once they have been adequately broken in. Fortunately her TB team has deal with NB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi