Colorado sparkler jun 27 - july 3rd

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2015
To all you Texas and California teams (and all other who play year round) - can I just say how jealous DD is? DD's team came into this tourney (Sparkler Jr) as a 1st year 12s team ranked 4th in our state - so not too shabby. They took a couple beatings over the past couple of days. They were glad to have not been shut out, and to have had legit hits against your teams, but DD is so jealous at how fast and tight your teams play. She is a true competitor and took note of everything she saw. She wants to compete at that level! Teams have been classy and very sportsmanlike. Parents too! Thanks from my little Colorado girl!

Oct 2, 2012
DD played in the Sparkler Jr. They went 6-3 on the week. Tough loss today. Great first CO experience!

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Well we sucked. I do not know what happened but we tied one game, won 2 and lost 3. There were so many errors and bats were so cold. I have never seen this team play like they did this week. DD made 2 errors but she did pitch well (almost shut out one team - allowed one run, 4 Ks). And she batted at least .500...just couldn't get home. Hoping they play better in the next two tournaments!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 18, 2011
Well we sucked. I do not know what happened but we tied one game, won 2 and lost 3. There were so many errors and bats were so cold. I have never seen this team play like they did this week. DD made 2 errors but she did pitch well (almost shut out one team - allowed one run, 4 Ks). And she batted at least .500...just couldn't get home. Hoping they play better in the next two tournaments!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of in the same boat for us at 18U IDT in Boulder. Started off great as we played well in our practice games. Then we entered the pool of death and managed one tie and 5 losses. Not nearly as bad as it seems as so many games were very close. And the quality of the opponents was off the charts. Won our first bracket game 12-0 and then had a tense second round game where we fell behind 6-0, tied it at 6, as the home team had two chances to win with a runner in scoring position (once at third, once at second) but just couldn't get that two out hit. Went to ITB, got the first out on a K, got up two strikes on the next batter... and then EVERYTHING went south. Other team scored 5 (FIVE!!) runs. Ouch. Very good team - they went on to finish second. Team that we lost to in pool play (and has the best catcher I've ever seen) won it all. So... not a lot of success, but a great experience playing against some of the very best teams in the country. DD slumped a bit but picked it back up at the end. She never stopped competing - very proud of her.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Disappointed in many ways and encourage in other ways.

To start off the week, we got an email forwarded to us from one the Sunday college camp directors saying they needed extra catchers since only 5 signed up. We said ok and drove 45 minutes to get there. DD sat in the dugout for nearly 2 hours only to be told she can leave, they don't need her. REALLY?? What can you say?

Tuesday night her All Star game was schedule to begin at 8:40pm. We left our team practice early at 6:15 to drive through the epic hail storm of 2016 for 40 minutes to get to the facilities only to find out they had a weather delay.(no notification). Was told that check in for her game wouldn't start until the schedule 7pm game started. Well that didn't happen until 9pm. DD checks in and begins to warm up in the outfield area with a pitcher. I am just enjoying watching the games and I get a phone call. Hey Dad I just got hit in the eye and I just wanted to let you know. HUH? Her warm up partner threw the ball while she was bending over to pick up her catching mask. 15 minutes later I finally get glimpse of her sitting against the CF fence with an ice pack on her eye and of course I can't walk on the field to see what is going on. I then walk all the way around to the outside of the fence to check her out. Swelling under under the eye, swelling on the brow and a small cut. Didn't look too bad. Suck it up kiddo! The college coaches wouldn't let her warm up. Now it's 10:20 and I hear rumblings from other parents that they are going to cancel the game, which was true. So they keep the girls out in the OF warm up area working with college coaches until 11pm. We get back to the hotel at 11:30pm. Geez what a disappointment.

Next morning DD's eye is swollen shut!!! Thank goodness this was a day off for us. Over the next couple of days she didn't need any eye shadow for her left eye. lol.

I was encouraged to see our team coaches working the college coaches and telling me who I should send emails to for follow up. The team played competitive for some games and others not so much. We played some decent teams and some not so good teams. We got to see some beautiful places and had a great time road tripping across the country.

Hopefully, next year will be a better overall experience.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD1 and wife are at Clement Field also!

We were at Clement fields too. The first day we played on Columbine's High School field and the weirdest thing to see was a temporary fence in front of the wooden fence maybe 15-20 feet. Nice fields at Clement if you like playing on concrete! The kids could not figure out how to field grounders. After the ball took that first hop it would gain speed and start bouncing higher. Lots of errors.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Disappointed in many ways and encourage in other ways.

To start off the week, we got an email forwarded to us from one the Sunday college camp directors saying they needed extra catchers since only 5 signed up. We said ok and drove 45 minutes to get there. DD sat in the dugout for nearly 2 hours only to be told she can leave, they don't need her. REALLY?? What can you say?

Tuesday night her All Star game was schedule to begin at 8:40pm. We left our team practice early at 6:15 to drive through the epic hail storm of 2016 for 40 minutes to get to the facilities only to find out they had a weather delay.(no notification). Was told that check in for her game wouldn't start until the schedule 7pm game started. Well that didn't happen until 9pm. DD checks in and begins to warm up in the outfield area with a pitcher. I am just enjoying watching the games and I get a phone call. Hey Dad I just got hit in the eye and I just wanted to let you know. HUH? Her warm up partner threw the ball while she was bending over to pick up her catching mask. 15 minutes later I finally get glimpse of her sitting against the CF fence with an ice pack on her eye and of course I can't walk on the field to see what is going on. I then walk all the way around to the outside of the fence to check her out. Swelling under under the eye, swelling on the brow and a small cut. Didn't look too bad. Suck it up kiddo! The college coaches wouldn't let her warm up. Now it's 10:20 and I hear rumblings from other parents that they are going to cancel the game, which was true. So they keep the girls out in the OF warm up area working with college coaches until 11pm. We get back to the hotel at 11:30pm. Geez what a disappointment.

Next morning DD's eye is swollen shut!!! Thank goodness this was a day off for us. Over the next couple of days she didn't need any eye shadow for her left eye. lol.

I was encouraged to see our team coaches working the college coaches and telling me who I should send emails to for follow up. The team played competitive for some games and others not so much. We played some decent teams and some not so good teams. We got to see some beautiful places and had a great time road tripping across the country.

Hopefully, next year will be a better overall experience.

What team were you with?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06