Just booked 2 nights to see the Clearwater Invitational next year!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 10, 2019
Almost all hotels are sold out or really really high price. I used some Hilton points to get one about 20-30 minutes away. Since they announced the field and my team (UCF) will be back again I wanted to finally get out there. My daughter will be playing on that field in July for the NSA southeast world series (I think that's the name) so I'll get a lay of the land. Anyone else planning on going next year already?

Feb 24, 2022
We just got back yesterday. Although we only went to 1 day of the tournament, we had a great time and got to see some great games. We went with friends who had gone previously, and our families are definitely talking about going again next year.

May 10, 2019
We just got back yesterday. Although we only went to 1 day of the tournament, we had a great time and got to see some great games. We went with friends who had gone previously, and our families are definitely talking about going again next year.
How do tickets work? You pay for all day of games or specific games?

Feb 24, 2022
Tickets go on sale in Dec - keep an eye on the tournament site for details (they sold out in 14 min this year). You can purchase tickets for individual days or the entire tournament. There are 2 field complexes about a mile from each other. When you enter you get a wrist band that allows you entry/reentry to either complex (there is a shuttle between locations). You can watch as many daily games as you'd like - but if there are multiple top games on a particular field I would advise you to get there early and not move, as the big games are essentially standing room only due to the size of the crowds.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Tickets go on sale in Dec - keep an eye on the tournament site for details (they sold out in 14 min this year). You can purchase tickets for individual days or the entire tournament. There are 2 field complexes about a mile from each other. When you enter you get a wrist band that allows you entry/reentry to either complex (there is a shuttle between locations). You can watch as many daily games as you'd like - but if there are multiple top games on a particular field I would advise you to get there early and not move, as the big games are essentially standing room only due to the size of the crowds.
I looked at the fields from satellite views on googlemaps, and seeing the crowds on tv, it looks like they could do some construction to accommodate more fans. Looks like GKCO is doing his part to pay for it. ;)

Sep 21, 2022
Almost all hotels are sold out or really really high price. I used some Hilton points to get one about 20-30 minutes away. Since they announced the field and my team (UCF) will be back again I wanted to finally get out there. My daughter will be playing on that field in July for the NSA southeast world series (I think that's the name) so I'll get a lay of the land. Anyone else planning on going next year already?
My wife and daughter went this year. We just looked and there seemed to be plenty of hotels available next year not far away. I think hotels in this area are fairly expensive in general, but it seems there are still a fair amount of options still open.

Feb 24, 2022
I looked at the fields from satellite views on googlemaps, and seeing the crowds on tv, it looks like they could do some construction to accommodate more fans. Looks like GKCO is doing his part to pay for it. ;)
Yeah, that was one of the biggest complaints. The biggest issue is that they had the 3 biggest games of the day that I attended (Friday) on the same field back to back to back. So there was no reason for anyone to leave the stands after the first game. My friends who were with us said that last year they spread to top games out more and it wasn't as hard to get seats. Add to that the fact that 2 of the teams playing in those games were relatively local (FSU and Bama) and that added to the crowds.

Nov 9, 2021
Yeah, that was one of the biggest complaints. The biggest issue is that they had the 3 biggest games of the day that I attended (Friday) on the same field back to back to back. So there was no reason for anyone to leave the stands after the first game. My friends who were with us said that last year they spread to top games out more and it wasn't as hard to get seats. Add to that the fact that 2 of the teams playing in those games were relatively local (FSU and Bama) and that added to the crowds.

Yeah the schedule made the crowds worse this year. We sat on field 8 all day Sunday and we weren’t alone. If you weren’t there for the early game it was hard to get seats by the time Bama and FSU started. Also seemed like they had less big games on fields 1-4 this year. Still a great event but some frustrated fans that had tickets but couldn’t see the game they wanted. We will be back next year though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 10, 2019
My wife and daughter went this year. We just looked and there seemed to be plenty of hotels available next year not far away. I think hotels in this area are fairly expensive in general, but it seems there are still a fair amount of options still open.
Yeah, I had to book something in Tampa that is 20-30 minutes away but that is not an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00