Colorado IDT and Fireworks plans

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Can I ask what state you are in?

One issue for Northeast teams is the difficulty in staying regional. Team NJ is putting together a tournament for that same weekend to give northeast teams an alternative but I question how well it will be attended by coaches.

Our coaches are trying to reach out to as many coaches as possible to get a feel for who is and is not going. One big clue for my DD and 2 of her teammates will be whether the All Ivy camp, on Monday before games start, cancels or not. If that is on we know at least 8 of her target schools will be in attendance

Georgia.

Glad to get clarification on the Triple Crown plan B. I missed the team zoom call, so I got info second hand...

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
I also heard IDT is not allowing any spectators. This coming from a parent of a player whose team is going to IDT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 5, 2014
Georgia.

Glad to get clarification on the Triple Crown plan B. I missed the team zoom call, so I got info second hand...

Totally understand why your team would cancel. You can drive to Legacy, Scenic, and TBolts. We fly to all of those so not much different than Colorado. In the fall we flew down 3 straight weekends for those tournaments.

May 12, 2014
I know for the big Memorial Day weekend tournament in KC...they may not have enough fields to have the tournament. Most counties suspended play until July. That tournament will decide by the end of the week.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Its a tough situation when so much is tentative at this time.
Confirm a hotel reservation without knowing _______?
Is your team intact?
Will or what colleges attending?
College Coaches themselves many uncertain yet on recruitment status?
Work allowing vacation?
No work but spend money?
Excetra________?

Imo, would like first a confirmation of college coaches attending.
As for other team talent attending not as important as how the tournament will be structured and guidelines.

By end of May TCS will hopefully share some light on these questions.
Unfortunetly at end of May if
there is not a clear communication on what to expect, uncertainty MAY affect attendance by a measurable number.

PGF nationals has a different situation as there are a bounty of calif teams to attend without travel/worry expense.
Can commute.
Still work/money and time weigh in.

Have not been told idt no spectators as of yet.

Last edited:
May 16, 2016
So, May 15th is deadline for Triple Crown to decide on having the tournament in Colorado, or the 3 satellite tournaments in CO, TX and GA. I am guessing it will be moved to the three satellite tournaments.

Mar 28, 2014
as of yesterday, there is a 95% chance that the Sparkler will be 3 regional tournaments instead of the one big one in Colo. The Texas Sparkler will be held in Houston.

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
as of yesterday, there is a 95% chance that the Sparkler will be 3 regional tournaments instead of the one big one in Colo. The Texas Sparkler will be held in Houston.

We are hearing same thing. I think they are just trying to finalize fields. They have stated they would keep the same dates for Sparkler and Jr Sparkler at new satellite locations, but I’m not sure they will have enough fields to support.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying