College game today

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2009
A D1 college invited our league to come watch them play. After the game they did a ball signing for all the girls. My DD was so excited. My DD has a new idol. She loved watching the pitcher today. After the game she talked the pitcher into watching her throw a few. My DD said that the pitcher from today has inspired her(I haven't seen her that excited in a long time). The pitcher and some players watching her. I noticed she's getting some good drive off the rubber. Her finish was almost out to the circle. DD just turned 9 UNR.jpg

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Why don't you say which college this was? I think it's awesome that a college team would take time out of their very busy season to spend time with a youth league!

My DD got her initial inspiration from Jenny Finch. We took her to a camp when she was 11 and DD couldn't stop talking about Jenny's pitching and how SHE was going to be that good some day!

Jul 17, 2012
Kenmore, WA
I too think it is awesome that they did that, but not uncommon. Our league was invited to a Seattle University game on Saturday and the girls got to meet the players and get autographs and were really excited. The players were all so nice to our players and our girls just drank it up. The University of Washington held a coaching clinic at which they invited the teams of the of the coaches in attendance to come watch them practice. I took my daughter and one of her teammates to a practice and afterwards the Coach Tarr took them on a locker room tour and introduced them to the players and other coaches. The players took it from there posing for pictures, signing autographs and talking to the girls for a good 15 minutes after their workout. I have a photo of my two kids and one teammate with the whole UW softball team. It was crazy how nice they were to the kids.

May 18, 2009
Why don't you say which college this was? I think it's awesome that a college team would take time out of their very busy season to spend time with a youth league!

My DD got her initial inspiration from Jenny Finch. We took her to a camp when she was 11 and DD couldn't stop talking about Jenny's pitching and how SHE was going to be that good some day!

Nevada. I'm thinking of sending my DD to summer camp there.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
I too think it is awesome that they did that, but not uncommon. Our league was invited to a Seattle University game on Saturday and the girls got to meet the players and get autographs and were really excited. The players were all so nice to our players and our girls just drank it up. The University of Washington held a coaching clinic at which they invited the teams of the of the coaches in attendance to come watch them practice. I took my daughter and one of her teammates to a practice and afterwards the Coach Tarr took them on a locker room tour and introduced them to the players and other coaches. The players took it from there posing for pictures, signing autographs and talking to the girls for a good 15 minutes after their workout. I have a photo of my two kids and one teammate with the whole UW softball team. It was crazy how nice they were to the kids.

I have to second what robertc3 said. My daughter had the same experience with all the Husky coaches and players at the clinics she has gone to. She has so much fun with the players and the Husky players all seem to enjoy it as much as the kids.

Well we will get to see the Seattle University ladies this weekend as well, except they will be our rivals....we are going to watch our hometown UTSA Roadrunners play. I think it is just awesome how these girls give back I know coaches make them do a lot of these event but the girls always enjoy it and are always really great with the girls I guess many of them see themselves just a few years ago right where these girls were looking up to girls playing college softball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207