College coach 2 strike hittting instructions.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
That is one possibility...but I will go with the second option, that you just pulled another BS fact out of thin air to try to sound important and can't, as usual, offer any proof. Like that kid in HS who claimed to have gotten some but it was with a girl from two counties over so no one would know her, or she was visiting from out of state....blah blah blah....

Right JJs, I mean really, who in their right mind would use a two-strike approach .... hahahahahahaha :rolleyes:.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Didn't say the approaches were top secret. In fact the approaches are quite common.

Oops, let me try again. Sounds like the coaches like to feed their own egos. Top teams are top teams because their players can execute, not because of top-secret (classified material that can't be referred to here because no one else, even Ted Williams, previously has discovered and successfully implemented such concept/approach/strategy/mechanic/superstition/good luck charm and such disclosure might jeopardize the standing of this top organization that you want to keep sucking up to).

Let me know what I got wrong this time and I'll try to fix it again.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Right JJs, I mean really, who in their right mind would use a two-strike approach .... hahahahahahaha :rolleyes:.

Having a two strike "approach" and dictating in player paperwork that all players must change their mechanics on a two strike count are as different as you and a qualified hitting instructor. HAHAHAHAHA....jackass. Go make up some more BS about what your buddies in top notch orgs that can't be named do, along with great hitters you train that can't be named do. It's DFP not the CIA you SOB

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Didn't say the approaches were top secret. In fact the approaches are quite common.

Oops, let me try again. Sounds like the coaches like to feed their own egos. Top teams are top teams because their players can execute, not because of top-secret (classified material that can't be referred to here because no one else, even Ted Williams, previously has discovered and successfully implemented such concept/approach/strategy/mechanic/superstition/good luck charm and such disclosure might jeopardize the standing of this top organization that you want to keep sucking up to).

Let me know what I got wrong this time and I'll try to fix it again.

GM, you are arguing with yourself. You are the only one talking of top secret material.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR

Having a two strike "approach" and dictating in player paperwork that all players must change their mechanics on a two strike count are as different as you and a qualified hitting instructor. HAHAHAHAHA....jackass. Go make up some more BS about what your buddies in top notch orgs that can't be named do, along with great hitters you train that can't be named do. It's DFP not the CIA you SOB

The requirement to use a two-strike approach goes beyond the team the OP spoke of.

Oct 19, 2009
DD advised they are playing the team they played last week, in 2 games they had 8 strikeouts and only had 3 people on base for both games, lost one game 12 - 0 and won one 0 - 1. DD was 1 - 2 with an RBI and just missed a home run when the outfielder made a great catch. Wife and I were sick and did not make the game.

DD advised at practice yesterday the coach set the pitching machine to 75 MPH and DD advised she batted one time had a solid single (using her normal swing), the other team members she advised either struck out or hit weak flies or grounders. DD is injured and not playing much.

This is the coaches approach to try and be more competitive with this team, who is known for their great pitching.

Kind of interesting to see how it works out!

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
this is the one thing amachine is good for, accurate velocity. i always suggest to the girls when they struggle with extreme speeds, that they try SNF. (since they all know it)

Its something i do myself, when its my turn.:D

Oct 19, 2009
Just one man's opinion here, is that if you teach the proper mechanics, incorporate vision training, have no holes in your swing by practicing hitting balls in all hitting zones and have proper timing, then you do not need to change your approach with 2 strikes on you JMO. For my DD she has used the same hitting approach since high school and know asking her to change over night is stressing her some what.

The thing here is DD has no choice either do it or get in trouble with the coach and DD does likes and respects her coach.

Sep 17, 2009
Another way to look at this is the team/coach likes to play a certain style and rewards certain results so bucking doesn't necessarily help. Get the two strike grounder down, advance the runner, take your attaboys...

I'm also NOT of the mindset that having a two-strike contact swing in their arsenal will ruin a hitter or take away from their ability to hit more aggressively if the team/coach/situation calls for it. A mentally strong hitter should own their swing regardless of approach (NOT saying anything negative about OP hitter!)

In short, while I'm not a huge fan of extreme "contact" swings (a little choke-up/shorten-up is fine) but I also don't think it will ruin this hitter (especially compared to some coaches that want to make drastic mechanical changes when they get hitters "under their wing.") In short, things could be worse :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207