Coaches/Parents you love to hate

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 21, 2009
There's one parent in my (small) town that everyone wants to beat. While he knows his softball tactics, he sometimes operates on the other side of "the line". My DD's school played his DD's school last night (MS). In the 'JV' game, my DD pitched and his DD pitched. The catcher for his team played on my DD's rec team last fall... VERY good catcher.

Throughout the game (usually after one of our better hitters poked one to the outfield), you'd hear this guy (he was keeping their book and being the PA announcer) say "call a change up catch, come on".

A number of us noticed his DD however illegal pitching 95% of the time... pulling one foot off the rubber & crow hopping. Our coaches tipped the plate ump AND the PU went and talked to the pitcher before an inning... she never changed and PU never called it. :mad:

My DD? 9K's, 4H, 1BB. Granted one hit was a HR, but our CF also hit one in the bottom of 4 (final inning because of time & cold) to put our team up 7-5. :cool:

BTW, this guy is NOT a coach of the MS team. He used to coach rec but got banned for a year. He joined an established TB program, that lasted a year and all I know is that program (at least the 12U group) disbanded.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32