Coach/Parent Dilema

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 31, 2011
Yes, it is East Moline.

That was my fear...missing something. What if she throws her first no-hitter or hits her first HR? It would kill me to miss that. But I still do feel obligated to my team.

I absolutely understand the obligation feeling, but its the QC league & not a tournament. That league is intended for coaches and teams to experiment and work on areas of their game that needs improvement, correct? All you are doing is giving your assistants an opportunity to grow and make the tough decisions of running the whole show those days. Seriously, its good for every coach to take charge of the team. From running the warm-ups to filling out the line-up card to making sure your pitchers are ready to go all in a timely manner & everything in between. Then managing the game. Every coach needs experience in those areas.

Go watch your kid. For dedicated coaches, actually getting to sit back and just watch your DD play the game we all love is so much fun. Everyone on your Quake team will understand and encourage you to do take that time for yourself.

Apr 24, 2010
Foothills of NC
Everyone on your Quake team will understand and encourage you to do take that time for yourself.

I agree. The only thing I would add from my experience is proper communication with your team and parents. It will prevent any possible gossip.

And make sure your AC is fully prepared for the games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207