Coach contact information

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
This may have been covered already so I apologize ahead of time if it's repetitive.
It's time for my DD to reach out to the college coaches where She would like to go to school. I have given Her the task of searching the web for all the info needed to make contact, ie. Phone #,email address, and physical mailing address.
She has been trying for a few days with little luck. I would say She has collected about half the info. So I tried myself today to locate the info and found that a lot of schools don't make it easy to collect this kind of info.
Anyone out there found an easier way to find this kind of information. Thanks

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
Some colleges do seem to make it difficult. The way my DD found easiest was to go to the college of choice team web site. If you click on the roster/coach info, usually in the bio of the coach, there will be an email address you can use. I would say we found 85% of our email addresses this way.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Some colleges do seem to make it difficult. The way my DD found easiest was to go to the college of choice team web site. If you click on the roster/coach info, usually in the bio of the coach, there will be an email address you can use. I would say we found 85% of our email addresses this way.

This is probably the best approach. You should personalize each email and make sure you're addressing it to the current coach, not a predecessor!

Oct 10, 2011

This is a good topic. After last weeks showcase, DD said she loved one of the coaches she worked with in particular and this coach seemed to talk to her a lot. When we went to their website, she wasn't the HC or AC. All we know is that she used to play 3rd base for them a long time ago. I guess we were wrong assuming she was a coach...maybe just representing them.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
This is a good topic. After last weeks showcase, DD said she loved one of the coaches she worked with in particular and this coach seemed to talk to her a lot. When we went to their website, she wasn't the HC or AC. All we know is that she used to play 3rd base for them a long time ago. I guess we were wrong assuming she was a coach...maybe just representing them.

Maybe not a coach, but nearly as good as its obviously someone the coach trusts to represent and report back to them. If its school she might be interested in, email the coach and mention enjoyed meeting/working with the rep at the showcase. (Probably not a bad idea to contact the showcase host and find out the reps name and confirm their affiliation!).

Oct 10, 2011
Thanks

Thanks GM, shes very interested in this school and we saw her walk over to watch her run and ask to see her time. Said to DD, wow, nice job. Again DD is not fast, but faster than everyone expects. I'll have DD contact the organizer before sending the school an email. She was wearing the schools shirt, so at least we know it's the right school:)

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Thanks for the link, it's a good one. Unfortunately some schools seem to be very elusive when it comes to contact info, even through the link you provided. We have clicked rosters, looked through indexes, searched campus directories, etc. we even searched for a campus operator. Not sure why they would want to be hard to reach but it frustrating. Good luck all

Sep 3, 2009
For the teams that don't easily list a coach's contact info, use Google. Try a search of just the school's domain, for contact info.
Ex: "site:schoolname.edu faculty contact"
If that doesn't get you a faculty contact list, then searching google for email address format should get you in the ballpark. If their email address format is first name dot last name @schoolname.edu then you can pretty much guess what the coach's email address is.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes