c'mon April 1st!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 27, 2010
almost a month from the last post of this thread........still 31 degrees and snow/sleet/rain mix coming down with 3-4 inches of fresh snow on the field. Zero games played thus far with no chance to play this weeks games. Judging by the extended forcast, next weeks games will be tough as well. That leaves two weeks to get in 6 weeks of softball!

Dec 7, 2011
Update -
Snowed a bit today but already getting warmer n melting.

Looks like we have no precip and 50's in the forecast for next week.

We have games Tues/Thurs/Fri.

Maybe get Tuesdays game in.....? Not sure if the field will be ready or not.

Anyone have April 16th?

Jun 26, 2010
DD got to play her first ever HS game today and tonight it is raining again. She went 2 for 3 and they won 13-0. Hoping to play again tomorrow. The other JV team an the varsity team got rained out.

Apr 30, 2010
Artic Circle
Two confrence games canceled and a 3 game "tournament" postponed this weekend. AD did get the team a game in the Twin Cities (Dome) but we don't know if we will be able to get down there because of an incoming storm Wednseday night into Thursday (6-9 inches or more in some areas).

Saw talk of Minnesota extending the season 2 weeks on the MSHL Facebook page...good idea but is it possible?

Dec 7, 2011
So per my review of this thread it looks like Roscoe545 is going to be the winner given it appears imminent that we WILL play tonight!!!

To be confirmed.

Jun 24, 2011
menomonee falls, wi
Crazy turn of events!!! I would guess 70% of the teams down here are still awaiting
their first game of the season. And with the addition of rain last night, I would guess
some are already cancelled for today. I hope I'm wrong.... I wanna see Falls/Sussex
today, we know a bunch of kids between the 2 schools.

Falls gonna make some noise in the next 4 years IMO!! Some solid talent coming up the ranks.

Good luck to your DD tonight RB!!!!

Dec 7, 2011
Crazy turn of events!!! I would guess 70% of the teams down here are still awaiting
their first game of the season. And with the addition of rain last night, I would guess
some are already cancelled for today. I hope I'm wrong.... I wanna see Falls/Sussex
today, we know a bunch of kids between the 2 schools.

Falls gonna make some noise in the next 4 years IMO!! Some solid talent coming up the ranks.

Good luck to your DD tonight RB!!!!

Ahhh - sigh - first game and first win of the year......

Excellent - Keeping the big winnings in the state!!!

(send me a private message of your email for Paypal for your giant winnings :) )

Take care.

Jun 24, 2011
menomonee falls, wi
As a fellow pitcher's parent and I believe our DD's play for the same club,
(our first year), I wouldn't feel right taking your money....

However, I believe we will both be at state.. I enjoy the blue cans with the initials
BL on them, hint hint!!!!! Ask for Bert from 14U Black..

Congrats to your DD on finally starting the HS season and getting the first of
many W's this season!!!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
This weather is killing me. Its not snow any longer but I hear there is a massing of animals 2 of each species taking place.

We have won the first 3 games, 1 a come from behind, 1 a butt kicking, and 1 a tight game that we pulled out. So far the girls have answered the bell. But today was postponed due to field conditions, and this weekend's tourney is also cancelled for the same reasons. The tourney would have been a great measuring stick for us as we are in Class B and the teams we have played so far are weaker programs from Class A. This weekend was all Class B teams including 2 that are ranked in the top 10 in the State.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes