Chelsea Thomas Injury?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Can someone shed some light on the Chelsea Thomas injury?

During the game, the announcers said she was having a lot of trouble with her throwing arm. Throughout the game, her speed was down 5 mph to the 66 MPH range.

Mar 26, 2013
That was the second game she had tried to pitch that day, as far as I know fatigue was the only issue. Without her Mizzu is in trouble.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I was half asleep when I heard it, but it sounded like the announcer said she was suffering from a "condition."

May 17, 2012
I don't understand how they can go to pitching 4 games in TB and yet can't pitch a double header.

She wasn't injured it was fatigue plus planning for the future.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
They showed her being cared for and mentioned applying heat and cold at the same time if I recall. Not sure how that works. It seems like it is an over use issue in the elbow or lower arm. To bad it's happening to a great pitcher at the wrong time even though my favorite team is in her Super Regional Bracket.

Oct 19, 2009
I’m not sure of the reason behind the slower speed, but did notice the speed seemed to be down on a number of pitchers from what I’ve seen previously.

Maybe it was just the way the gun was calibrated.

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I’m not sure of the reason behind the slower speed, but did notice the speed seemed to be down on a number of pitchers from what I’ve seen previously.

Maybe it was just the way the gun was calibrated.

I watched a lot of the SEC tournament games and did not see a pitcher throwing faster than 68MPH, including Jackie Traina, so it will be interesting to see what they are clocked throwing in the WCWS!

Oct 2, 2012
on the Field
They are in trouble since the #2 quit the team.

I agree with this. From my understanding is was a pain she starts feeling when she gets tired. They said at the beginning of the game that if the pain started they would pull her. MO has a very good team, except for a #2 which may be the death of them to go deep.

Jul 9, 2012
I don't understand how they can go to pitching 4 games in TB and yet can't pitch a double header.

She wasn't injured it was fatigue plus planning for the future.

I am reading into your statement, and I agree. I heard a Big10 and Big East head coaches talk about how most kids they sign these days come into their programs either injured or way out of balance in terms of musculature. They both said it is caused by over use, catchers with bad knees, speed players with bad ankles, pitchers with weak shoulders, most players with their throw sides stronger than their gloves sides causing stress on the joints and back. They both thought it was crazy that parents let their kids play 100-120+ games a year when they only play less than 75 and have direct, real time access to quality health care.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06