Cheering for DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DW gets very nervous when DD is playing. DD gave her an earful because she hears her cheering for other players but not for her. DW went overboard last game so DD asked her to stop cheering for her.

I am exempt; you are quite and keep it that way. :)

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I have read that you should just sit there and be quiet. You DD knows your voice and may tense up just from hearing it. Even if nothing but positive stuff. I have tried no cheering and am not sure it's better. If I cheer it's just "come on 6, let's go 6." That type of stuff.

Aug 19, 2011
I keep pretty quiet. And for the nervous parents, here's my mantra: "The same thing is going to happen whether I stress about it or not."

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Yeah, I used to cheer for DD until DD says I only hear you and I tense up. So now I shut the heck up...or hide behind the fence down first/third baseline (wherever there is shade). LOL.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I have a full year under my belt of being a quite parent in softball so DD trusts me now. I am a recovering annoying parent, 1 full year being good. This forum helps. :)

When we talk after games she has asked why I didn’t say something during the game if I point out she was doing something was not quite right, she understands she cannot have it both ways.

Quite honestly there is a better chance of DW throwing up before the game then DD. DW gets really nervous. Mom I am pitching, why don’t they have someone else that wants to pitch? DD is used to her too so all is good.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Stuffing your cheeks with sunflower seeds prevents parents from saying much out loud. You'll choke if you try anything above a whisper........this does work.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
That's what I do,mouthful of sunflower seeds.If I cheer, its claps for both teams.I sit down the first base line in the outfield.Me and the DW discuss the game quietly to ourselves.DD's coach or DD doesn't need my help.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
That's what I do,mouthful of sunflower seeds.If I cheer, its claps for both teams.I sit down the first base line in the outfield.Me and the DW discuss the game quietly to ourselves.DD's coach or DD doesn't need my help.

That's what I do. Not the sunflower seeds, but the general approach to being a spectating parent.

My presence is sufficient. Anything else that is unsolicited is invasive into what should be HER activity, not mine. I don't want her to play for my approval or response. If she wants my opinion, she'll ask. And often she does. "What did you think about that triple?"

She never seems to want my opinion when she strikes out or makes a blunder on the bases. Only the good stuff. And that's fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes