Cheering for DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 7, 2012
I once clapped and cheered and shouted instructions from the stands - DD told me to knock it off. I then turned to my wife as an outlet - now DW tells me she wants to watch the game and if I'm going to talk to sit somewhere else. So I sit alone almost statuesque.

I'm in 'That Dad' rehab, and I've been clean for almost a year. :)

Grandpa is not doing as well... ;'(

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I once clapped and cheered and shouted instructions from the stands - DD told me to knock it off. I then turned to my wife as an outlet - now DW tells me she wants to watch the game and if I'm going to talk to sit somewhere else. So I sit alone almost statuesque.

I'm in 'That Dad' rehab, and I've been clean for almost a year. :)

Grandpa is not doing as well... ;'(

Maybe you and grandpa should follow the 3Ls rule. Leftfield, Lawnchair, Lemonade. Then no one can hear you and you can say what you want and at the end of the game, everyone is happy.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I work from home and we could live anywhere in the continental US. We have a lot of family here so we moved back here.

1 grandfather complains about DD’s teammates, DD needs to find a new Team

Other grandfather complains about DD’s ability, we need to work harder.

It is fun.

(Grandmothers are pretty quiet so not as fun but it great seeing them there)

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Your DD is lucky to have both sets of grandparents involved. Most aren't as fortunate. To me that is a great season. Also teamates fighting, what next parents fighting in the bleachers.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Every year I complain that they do not sell beer, they ignore me every year. 2 for 1 if your DD is pitching. Possibilities are endless and would be a great money maker.

(There are a couple open board postions being voted on in a couple weeks, might need to start compaining or find canidates that support my position)

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
2 practices, 1 game suspension. I hijacked my own thread. :)

Only have heard 1 side of this but it seems like everyone is OK with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy523