Cheering for DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
When I would drive my DD or DS to their games( DW would meet us there)After the game on the ride home I would replay the game back to them in the car.I would tell them what they did wrong and what they should have done different.Well, it got to be that after the game when giving a choice the kids would ride home with mom and me alone.I asked them,why no one wants to ride with dear old dad? They didn't want to hear about the mistakes right after the game.So,no more talking about the game.It's who wants water ice or something to eat.We talk about school or what ever else is new.Sometimes theres no talking.Quiet is good to.So I learned.

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
Players play, coaches coach and spectators spectate, in a perfect world. My DD is the youngest of four with three older brothers and I have learned to chill out. I figure the sun will rise tomorrow no matter how she plays. IMHO, parent's pride gets involved with how well or poorly their kid plays. Kind of sad. Nobody in the entire world feels as bad as the one who dropped the fly, booted the grounder, was called out on a third strike, etc.

Oct 7, 2009
I used to sit in the bleachers with the other parents and then one game my daughter made like 5 errors in one game and one of the other kids' parents kept making comments and frustrating gestures. I felt horribly for my daughter, but I really, really wanted to break that mother's neck. I moved on the down the fence and watched the game midway between the dugout and the outfield fence, and it was a much more pleasant experience. That's where I am most often now, alone, all by myself.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
At times it's painfull when you don't have any control over what is happen with your DD.Just sit in the outfield.When all is not going well in your DD's world,sometimes it's still nice for her to look out no matter where she maybe playing to see dear old dads face smiling back.

May 13, 2012
DD plays for my TB team I coach. If she fills in for someone on another team if coaching is good I sit with some other dads or outfield and enjoy the game regardless of her play good or bad. If the coaching is what I don't agree/like I sit in outfield and enjoy watching kids play and have fun and note not to fill in for them again if it is to bad.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I have learned how to handle the drive home. I wait until we are at least 3 blocks from the field and I ask. "so what did you think of the game?"

Depending on the answer I might follow with.

"how do you think you did?"

After a loss thats about all I will say about a game, other then maybe a "boy you smacked the crap out of that ball in the third inning"

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
2 of her teammates got into a shoving match, I know they have had words with each other in the past. They both should be 11YOAs. ½ an hour after family got home coach sent an Email to the Team saying that both players were suspended.

DD likes one of them, the other one not so much. She was afraid only her friend was going to get into trouble so she was happy to see them both suspended. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1