Challenge....any takers?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 28, 2012
It's been discussed at length from multiple views at BBD, no desire to rehash yet again here. Love it or leave it I don't care. Best starting point is here:
new-member-intro-thread|

But technically since Rich can't read there I guess by definition that makes only one us us "ignorant" :)

NoonTime out!

Aug 28, 2012
Rich, here is your chance. I'm feeding you content. Please elaborate:

"P.S. Study the clip real close. What you think is happening....is IMPOSSIBLE"

How is it impossible.

How is a$$/bb mutually exclusive to anything you promote?

What does it prevent in your view?

What can't I do if I apply a$$/bb as part of my coiling?

Or is it not so much the application of it but the part I refer to as the "release".

Cheers,
NoonTime

Jan 13, 2012
P or dick have never felt it... Can't feel it if your all caught up on rear leg only action..

I've felt it. I have two big issues with bb/a$$. First, I can't get a deep whoosh with it. Second, I don't believe that saying that the release causes the barrel turn is accurate. The hands have to be active, not reactive to the bb/a$$ release.

When I do it, I feel as though I'm forced to execute the BB/A$$ move to swing. There's no ability to swing whenever I want to.

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
I've felt it. I have two big issues with it. First, I can't get a deep whoosh with it. Second, I don't believe that saying that the release causes the barrel turn is accurate. The hands have to be active, not reactive to the bb/a$$ release.

When I do it, I feel as though I'm forced to execute the BB/A$$ move to swing. There's no ability to swing whenever I want to.
LOL, deep whoosh... All the best talk about deep whoosh.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I've felt it. I have two big issues with it. First, I can't get a deep whoosh with it. Second, I don't believe that saying that the release causes the barrel turn is accurate. The hands have to be active, not reactive to the bb/a$$ release.

P, it's really not that hard unless all the other one legged thoughts are overwhelming you.... Just apply it and let things happen naturally.. You will feel the flow like no other. I can guarantee you if your actively trying to turn the barrel on 90 plus the ball is by you.

Jan 13, 2012
LOL, deep whoosh... All the best talk about deep whoosh.

I really don't want to argue for 40 pages about deep whoosh, but my opinion is that it shows up in every good (i.e. not fooled or adjusting to a pitch) swing for a reason.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
I really don't want to argue for 40 pages about deep whoosh, but my opinion is that it shows up in every good (i.e. not fooled or adjusting to a pitch) swing for a reason.
Let's not let the facts get in the way of your "opinion"... I mean, hitters aren't really about hitting/squaring the ball. No, they are after "Deep Whoosh"! LOL

But carry on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi