Challenge....any takers?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I haven't been to this hitting site for several months....two reasons: 1) to busy right now 2) hard to take a daily dose of the bipolar viewpoints thrown out here........my dog is bigger than your dog; this hitting guru is a jerk....and so is this one...and that other one is too....etc. etc.

Throwing out a challenge here.

Assuming a kid can reasonably visually track a pitch....can you describe the three most important mechanical parts of a swing in a total of three words that will get your kid to 90% of his/her peak ability.....and I'll bet that 90% of us will agree. Anyone care to throw out three words?
The reason for throwing out this challenge is that I see most of the posters/readers on this site have kids ages 9-12 yrs. old that they are trying to help......they need the 90% at this point in time....not the other 10%. Save the 10% for the high level travel ball clubs/kids ready to go to college or trying to get drafted.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Three is a bit restrictive for me, sorry. Here is my list.
1) Rock the U
2) Hips before hands
3) Turn the barrel

For what it is worth, I agree with your view. There are several very good hitting threads on here, but need to dig deep sometimes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00