Catchers mitt recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
MB, the old blueish & white / light gray Worth Liberty Advanced mitts were the real deal, GREAT mitts! What....2013, 2014, 2015??
Yup that’s what I have light grey and dark gray/bluish gray. Only complaint is the jammed thumb thing but that may be on me.
I’ve had poor vision my entire life so hard balls coming at me fast definitely slows my reaction time. That’s why I wear full catchers gear when going through a pitching session. 🤓

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My only problem with thumb stingers were from me and Anna either getting a pitch call crossed up, which was usually my fault :rolleyes:, or her just completely blowing a pitch!

An expected curve ball from a RHT pitcher that ends up on the inside of the plate is a thumb killer and usually resulted in me trying to knock her glove off of her hand when I threw the ball back! I can throw hard too!

Jun 27, 2018
They have an all star cmw3001 too. I’ve heard good things about them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna jump in on this. I bought my daughter a true custom HoH for her Christmas. Absolutely the best glove I've ever touched. Also absolutely the hardest to break in glove I've ever touched....still working on that thing lol! I have a thread in here some where with some pics etc. if you want to take a look. IMO HoH bar none.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm gonna jump in on this. I bought my daughter a true custom HoH for her Christmas. Absolutely the best glove I've ever touched. Also absolutely the hardest to break in glove I've ever touched....still working on that thing lol! I have a thread in here some where with some pics etc. if you want to take a look. IMO HoH bar none.
Travis, you should take that mitt to DSG and have it steamed!

;) :LOL: ;):LOL:;):LOL:
No really, you should..................nice relaxing spa day in the steam death box!

Travis, you should take that mitt to DSG and have it steamed!

;) :LOL: ;):LOL:;):LOL:
No really, you should..................nice relaxing spa day in the steam death box!

Noooooo. It’ll come out lookin like a old lady! It’s about 80% done maybe? It’s practice ready but she’s not comfortable with it enough to use it in a game. Some balls still pop out every now and then. I’m not sure I’ll order another glove with the “firm option” again lol!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Noooooo. It’ll come out lookin like a old lady! It’s about 80% done maybe? It’s practice ready but she’s not comfortable with it enough to use it in a game. Some balls still pop out every now and then. I’m not sure I’ll order another glove with the “firm option” again lol!
The custom RGGC NP6 I just ordered was ordered with the stiff option. But, a stiff fielders glove is definitely not the same as a stiff catchers mitt! High end catchers mitts usually don’t need any help in the stiff department, much less adding stiff / firm on top as an option!

May 6, 2015
DD loves her AS CMW3000 single hinge. never had any sort of stinger, etc. with it. getting ready to clean it again, as at practice/tryout last night, each time she caught a pitch in it, cloud of dust erupted from it.

Jul 29, 2016
My daughter is a lefty catcher, so good gloves are hard to come by. We arranged to replace a Mizuno, and I bought her another one I found off of eBay. She now uses the eBay mitt as her primary glove.

So if you're looking for one that's broken in, don't turn up your nose at used.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bake12