Catchers Helmet

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Schutt okay. They make some nice looking masks. They don’t look as heavy/substantial as other masks. But hey if you can make football helmets they must know what their doing.
Honestly. I usually see UA, Allstar, Easton, or Rawlings on most catchers. Occasionally Schutt, & Diamond.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I honestly don’t see many balls fouled back into Fastpitch catchers masks. I see many more in baseball.

In my DD's last game, the catcher of the other team took 4 off her mask in 2 innings, including 2 during on of my DD's ABs. However, I would say this was a highly unusual circumstance.

The UA Converge Pro claims to be the next generation helmet. I just upgraded my DD’s gear and I am going to get her the Converge Pro helmet. It looks lighter and more compact than the Allstar with many of the same features.

UA catcher's gear has been made by All-Star for quite a few years.

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Reminder to consider the view looking out.
Helmet mask combo's fit differently and the bars in the mask will sit at different heights.
Look out, up & down.

May 23, 2015
Schutt makes nice gear their air Maxx helmets are quite good. All Star is a fan favorite. Wilson and the spring helmets are just too clunky.

Catchers should never take advice about gear they need to try it on. I was always picky and lost money because I wouldn't use one brand. I'm not going to be the slightest bit uncomfortable catching unless were talking 6 figures. Then I'll consider it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying