catchers gear bag or bags?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2010
So DD and I looked the bags over. She was due for one because of broken zipper. We went with one of the maxballbags and it arrived today. She is thrilled with it--got the same color as the local highschool! Everything is transferred over. Plenty of room for catcher gear and her fielding glove, batting helmet, two bats, and other misc stuff. What a mess in her old bag. 5 empty water bottles, two bags of seeds, half a bottle of Pepsi, unopened bottle of Gatorade, and winter gloves, as well and two tubes of chapstick, and sunscreen.

Here is the roller bag that I use - MAXBALLBAGS- the sport bags you want.. The bag has served me well for 3 years and has even survived luggage handling at the airport. It came with an extra set of wheels, but I can't imagine needing them.

They come in various sizes.

Sep 3, 2009
So DD and I looked the bags over. She was due for one because of broken zipper. We went with one of the maxballbags and it arrived today. She is thrilled with it--got the same color as the local highschool! Everything is transferred over. Plenty of room for catcher gear and her fielding glove, batting helmet, two bats, and other misc stuff. What a mess in her old bag. 5 empty water bottles, two bags of seeds, half a bottle of Pepsi, unopened bottle of Gatorade, and winter gloves, as well and two tubes of chapstick, and sunscreen.

Which bag did you get, the XL or the regular one? My daughter needs a new bag and I'd like to find one that will hold her catcher's equipment along with her regular helmet, glove and bats, but I don't want it to be too big for obvious reasons.

Jun 21, 2010
DD had a big Mizuno bag that fit all her catching gear and other stuff like batting helmet, fielding glove and bats. It was a tight fit, but no wheels and everything got heavy--she still carried her own bag. She switched to two bags to balance things out when hauling all her stuff long distance. Her Mizuno bag's zipper broke and we decided to look at the Maxball bag. She went with the Cobra Roller. It's a big bag, but fits all her gear comfortably. The wheels are a huge plus. And well made too.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Tanel RAGE 360 bag is a good option for catchers. Big enough to hold catchers gear and your other position equipment (i.e., mask, batting helmet, 2-4 gloves, shin guards, chest protector plus bats, balls, and misc), but not "ginormous". It has large wheels, not as big as the NoE2's, but its functional and well made. It can hold 4 bats up to 34" length (6 bats if you count the game day sleeves - but these wear out at the bottom if you roll the bag with the bats in them. Except for the game day sleeves, DD's bag is 1.5 years old and holding up well - much better than anything she's used before.

Jun 21, 2010
Finally took a pic with DD and bag. The bag is very well made and has tons of space.

Attachments

• Abbyandbag.jpg
    Abbyandbag.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 100
Sep 3, 2009
Finally took a pic with DD and bag. The bag is very well made and has tons of space.

That looks like a manageable size CPSBDad. Based on the good reviews on here I think we're going to go with the Maxball cobra roller bag as well. My DD loves the multitude of color choices!

Thanks!

Jun 21, 2010
Well, while in Tucson, I managed to back over my DD's bag and messed up the wheel on one side--Maxballbag. I swear, it's not my fault :)

I'm looking at the Mizuno G3 and wonder if anyone is using one. My DD eventually didn't like the Maxballbag because of the wheels in clay/gravel type venues. Got stuck alot and she got tired of messing with the wheels. Maybe why the bag was behind the car?

I'm thinking one big bag with one giant pocket to put everything into, instead of a bunch of smaller pockets. Rigid back and sides would be nice too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06