Catcher's bag recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
Trying to knock items off the the 'ol Christmas list for DD.

She's been carrying a utility Rawlings sports back for the past 18 months with all of her gear in it. She looks badass having to carry if everywhere (I don't help), but she's earned a little comfort.

Please recommend any catcher's bags (rollers if possible) that you have/had. Thanks!!

Edit: She's an average-sized 9/yo.

Last edited:
May 6, 2015
muight be a little big for 9 yo, but DD loves her Yadi (Rawlings I believe) bag. rolling huge, easily holds all gear (two gloves, two mitts, legs with knee savers, catching helmet, batting helmet, 3 bats (can hold up to 4 I think), CP, etc. with room sto spare. huge step up from boombah bag where everything had to go in a specific way. and I did not have to try to match any colors, only comes in black (may ol Henry was onto something)

I just ordered a No Errors NO E2 catchers bag for my DD's Christmas. It was very pricy but when I added it to cart it gave me one of their backpacks for free. It has compartments which should help with DD's OCD. It looks like a very nice bag and should hold up for the rest of her softball career. She's almost fifteen playing for a 18u showcase team...So with luck we'll get 4 years out of it!

edit: Crap just noticed you said 9 years old, this bag is probably big enough for her to fit into! From age 10 to now she's been using a Boombah Brute. It's held everything she needed but it's starting to come apart now from so much usage.

Nov 15, 2020
I have 2 daughters that are catchers and I was in college and also in old man leagues. When they are young the big rolling bags are a pain in the you no where. I have found the best for catchers who use youth or intermediate size gear is the boombah super pack. Plenty of room for all the gear plus more and you can get it not only as a backpack but with the rollers on the backpack as well. From years of experience this is the route I would go and what I suggest to my u12 team parents.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
We have been pleasantly surprised with the Easton E700W for space, features, and durability. DD likes it better than her previous Boombah Brute.

Nov 8, 2020
Doesn't the organization order the same bags for everyone?
My kid isn't a catcher so she always ends up with the backpack (Demarini this year) but we normally try to get a catchers bag off of one of the catchers because thats the best way to go when flying to games....her normal backpack plus bats and usually all of her other clothes all fit in it

Nov 15, 2020
Not anymore. We got sick of listening to the parents complain that they like this one and not the one we chose. So we now let them pick bags and shoes as long as they are navy and lime green. Everything else is what we select. Have to pick my battles as the parents are the only bad part of coaching.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD has destroyed every bag she has had within a year whether it was Easton E700W, Rawlings, Demarini, Mizuno or Boombah. I Finally broke down and bought her the Bownet Commander. It was pricey at $220 but well worth it IMO as we're going on year 4 with it. I figure in the long run, I've pretty much saved that and then some by now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA