Backpack Style Gear Bag For Catcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 3, 2014
DD is tired of dragging her gear from one side of campus to another, running after the non-catchers. She can *almost* fit her gear in her old Easton backpack, but not quite. Can anyone recommend a backpack style bag that's big enough for catchers gear along with batting helmet, and all the other stuff? She's winnowing her load down as much as possible. And, she is against the idea of carrying two bags.....

Any recommendations?

Laker

Oct 16, 2014
we have Miken Freak XL bags. They can roll or turn into a backpack. We fit 3 bats, infield glove, outfield glove, face mask, batting helmet and even catching gear in it (with the catching gear it may not zip completely closed but it's not falling out…there are 2 zippers that meet in the middle and sometimes the leg guards stick out and the zippers close to them on each side.The helmet we put over the roller handle or a bat because 2 helmets in there is a no go) Both my kids have one and one DD's looks perfect and her sister has torn up all the bat sleeves at the bottom because when she drags it it will flip on its side and she continues to drag it like that :)rolleyes:). Most girls on the teams look fine though maybe it's just my kid. I just "fixed it " by ironing patches over the holes and it's holding...This one here is a closeout and I hear they have re designed it. So maybe the hole problem isn't such a problem with the new ones…

Freak XL bag

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2014
^^^ Boombah is nice too…kinda wish our team went with those as they are slightly bigger, but the younger girls would have struggled with them

Mar 9, 2015
Same situation with my DD, tired of dragging the roller bag. Will have to look into the Boombah back packs. I've seen them at tournaments but never really looked at how big they are. The main issue would be all the stuff in her roller bag adds up to a decent amount of weight, might be a struggle to walk around with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi