Catcher's bag recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2020
Has any of your DDs used the Tanel 360 R.A.G.E? If so any opinion of it. My daughter has the Boombah rolling superpack and now she needs a catchers bag so I was thinking of the Boombah Catchers rolling superpack until I ran across the RAGE. Any feedback my DD is a 12U

May 6, 2015
I do not think a backpack type pack will have enough room for all the gear a catcher needs. I also would avoid boombah beast,, the way it is cutup, difficult to fit everything in if the catcher has a face shield on batting helmet, kneesavers, and two mitts and two gloves

boombah brute seems roomy enough, mainly because it is not cutup into smaller sections like the beast.

DD uses a Rawlings Yadi bag. very roomy, has held up well so far (about 1 year into it, knock knock on my head). she has plenty of space for leg guards with knee savers, CP, Catchers helmet, batting helmet (with face shield), two mitts, two gloves, three bats, dozen partially consumed water/gatorade bottles, half consumed bag of seeds, etc.. it does have a couple of small pockets for batting gloves, inhaler, sunglasses. not as colorful though, only available in black. I told her current coach do not bother ordering her a bag to match team colors, black goes with everything (and all her gear is white/gray/silver, been burned too many times before buying gear matching a certain team's colors)

May 6, 2015
Using a Boombah Brute now. Last one made it 18 months. Also curious on the new Jen Schro series of bags that was just released.

looking at JEn Schro bag, my main questions/ issues are

1-prefer all gear inside. hanging stuff outside may be Ok for southern CA, but here in North East, lots of rain, want gear at least somewhat protected
2-side sleeves for leg guards, will they accomodate guards with knee savers?

I just think no way for a backpack style bag to accomodate all that most fastpitch catchers want/need to carry.

Mar 28, 2020
DD uses a Rawlings Yadi bag. very roomy, has held up well so far (about 1 year into it, knock knock on my head).

How big is the Yadi? It looks like a huge gym bag on wheels. I can't find any pictures or demos so I can get a sense of the size. I am closely looking at the Tanel 360 but if the Yadi will do that an option

May 24, 2013
So Cal
looking at JEn Schro bag, my main questions/ issues are

1-prefer all gear inside. hanging stuff outside may be Ok for southern CA, but here in North East, lots of rain, want gear at least somewhat protected
2-side sleeves for leg guards, will they accomodate guards with knee savers?

I just think no way for a backpack style bag to accomodate all that most fastpitch catchers want/need to carry.

I'm in So Cal, and I don't see it as a good option, either. Maddie's bag lives in the back of my SUV, and often gets stuff stacked on top of it (other gear bags, groceries, bicycles...). Exposed leg guards and mitt getting chewed up is not a good plan. Besides, I'm not sure that backpack would hold catchers gear, batting helmet, 2 other gloves, stinky cleats, and 17 half-empty sports drink bottles.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I'm in So Cal, and I don't see it as a good option, either. Maddie's bag lives in the back of my SUV, and often gets stuff stacked on top of it (other gear bags, groceries, bicycles...). Exposed leg guards and mitt getting chewed up is not a good plan. Besides, I'm not sure that backpack would hold catchers gear, batting helmet, 2 other gloves, stinky cleats, and 17 half-empty sports drink bottles.
Tell her to put the ball in the pocket and the mitt in her helmet with the ball in it. Then she can fit at least a half dozen more:ROFLMAO:

I bought my DD a No Errors No E2 catchers bag for this past Christmas. At first she was apprehensive because it’s so big lol but she keeps remarking how much faster she can pack up with it. Has compartments for everything, holds 4-5 bats, built really well. I expect it to last her through high school.

Jul 5, 2017
So we’ve been through them all. Boombah, demarini, etc. multiple times. For years I wanted a company to make something durable like I used in my profession in the military, not weak materials and seams or zippers that break. I always had bags for deployment that have traveled the world over and over and still use to this day from London Bridge Trading Company out of VA Beach VA. After some searching I found my answer; All Pro Tactical. One of their employees had kids who played travel ball and did exactly that. They have warranties, and stand behind them. It’s nice to have ability to add pouches to the outside too. These are built to the same way as their military line with high quality materials designed for abuse and sustaining wear. We’ve had their catcher bag 2 years now and zero complaints, and my son has their back pack model that fits everything. I highly recommend looking at them as there’s never been an issue comparative to every other bag. Best part is they run about the same cost and sometimes a little cheaper when on sale.

Mar 28, 2020
So we’ve been through them all. Boombah, demarini, etc. multiple times. For years I wanted a company to make something durable like I used in my profession in the military, not weak materials and seams or zippers that break. I always had bags for deployment that have traveled the world over and over and still use to this day from London Bridge Trading Company out of VA Beach VA. After some searching I found my answer; All Pro Tactical. One of their employees had kids who played travel ball and did exactly that. They have warranties, and stand behind them. It’s nice to have ability to add pouches to the outside too. These are built to the same way as their military line with high quality materials designed for abuse and sustaining wear. We’ve had their catcher bag 2 years now and zero complaints, and my son has their back pack model that fits everything. I highly recommend looking at them as there’s never been an issue comparative to every other bag. Best part is they run about the same cost and sometimes a little cheaper when on sale.
Is this the correct website? https://allprotactical.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi