Catcher's bag recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
How big is the Yadi? It looks like a huge gym bag on wheels. I can't find any pictures or demos so I can get a sense of the size. I am closely looking at the Tanel 360 but if the Yadi will do that an option
yadi is somewhat cavernous, but I'd rather too much room than not enough, DD likes it so far, one year in just about

Mar 28, 2020
Well I didn't get around to purchasing my 12U DD a new catchers bag as my friend gave us his son's Bownet The Commander which was in good condition just needed to be washed.

This has the be the biggest bag I have ever seen. I think she can fit inside of the dog gone thing.

I think its way to big for her. It is freaking huge and my daughter is an avg sized 12U not a little girl.

May 6, 2015
Well I didn't get around to purchasing my 12U DD a new catchers bag as my friend gave us his son's Bownet The Commander which was in good condition just needed to be washed.

This has the be the biggest bag I have ever seen. I think she can fit inside of the dog gone thing.

I think its way to big for her. It is freaking huge and my daughter is an avg sized 12U not a little girl.
not familiar with bownet commander, but consider all that has to fit inside her bag

catching helmet
batting helmet with face shield (rarely see an ad photo of catchers bag loaded with a batting helmet with face shield)
leg guards, likely with knee savers ( ad photos of smaller catchers bag with gear in them never seem to be with knee savers ???)
chest protector
at least two bats
minimum of mitt and glove, more likely two mitts, two gloves
batting gloves
sunglass case
couple of balls
4 empty water/gatorades
4 half eaten bags of seeds
two full bags of seeds
6 half empty water/gatorades
port of potty kit (small bag with wipes, disinfectant spray, hand sanitizer, etc.)

DD loves her Yadi bag, huge, cavernous, more room than DD needs.... which is precisely what is needed when being asked to clear dugouot in 30 seconds. no time then to get everything in the perfect place, dump it all in, zip up and go.

Mar 28, 2020
not familiar with bownet commander, but consider all that has to fit inside her bag

catching helmet
batting helmet with face shield (rarely see an ad photo of catchers bag loaded with a batting helmet with face shield)
leg guards, likely with knee savers ( ad photos of smaller catchers bag with gear in them never seem to be with knee savers ???)
chest protector
at least two bats
minimum of mitt and glove, more likely two mitts, two gloves
batting gloves
sunglass case
couple of balls
4 empty water/gatorades
4 half eaten bags of seeds
two full bags of seeds
6 half empty water/gatorades
port of potty kit (small bag with wipes, disinfectant spray, hand sanitizer, etc.)

DD loves her Yadi bag, huge, cavernous, more room than DD needs.... which is precisely what is needed when being asked to clear dugouot in 30 seconds. no time then to get everything in the perfect place, dump it all in, zip up and go.

I sold the Bownet Commander. My DD accepted it but you could look at her face and tell she didn't like it at all.....and the wife said it looked like something boys would pull around. Now she has the No Errors E2. Man I like this thing and most important I didn't get that "if I have to look" from the DD.

How do you keep the bats from rolling around in this thing? It doesn't have bat sleeves. One of the few things I don't like about it. But it is freaking nice an big.

May 6, 2015
I sold the Bownet Commander. My DD accepted it but you could look at her face and tell she didn't like it at all.....and the wife said it looked like something boys would pull around. Now she has the No Errors E2. Man I like this thing and most important I didn't get that "if I have to look" from the DD.

How do you keep the bats from rolling around in this thing? It doesn't have bat sleeves. One of the few things I don't like about it. But it is freaking nice an big.
NE would be my choice is money were no object. Yadi does not have as many small usefull pockets, and does not look as nice, but it is big enough that you do not have to really organize or load in any particular way or order.

Dec 15, 2019
My 10 year old pulls around the E2 bag but loves it. I love it too, bought it very lightly used for $30 in her team color. Honestly I’m not sure that the lady knew what she had letting it go for that price in basically brand new condition.

May 6, 2015
DDs team recently just bought both catchers boombah brutes in team colors (most others have boombah rolling backpaks already), so we will see how that goes, will advise for comparison.

Mar 28, 2020
For those still looking for recommendations. The Bownet The Commander is a beast of a bag. Compared side by side with the No Errors E2. The Commander is better quality bag. The zippers are stronger and the bag feels heavier, but its freaking HUGE.

The E2 when my daughter put too much in the leg guard pouch the bag keep tipping over as she rolled it while the Commander is flat and wide so rolled smoother with the pouch being full.

But the Commander looks like a huge Man Suitcase and my daughter didn't like the look at all she loved the look of the E2 and the E2 is more than big enough to carry all her crap.

That my review of the bags. If my son still played he would get the Bownet its MANLY and HUGE!!!!

Everything I have read says the Bownet Cadet works better for girls, but it doesn't have the separate punch for leg guards with is what I like....let those things air out in their own space

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi