Catcher mitt for bucket dad?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Two Updates-
1) I got a MizunoGXS 92 or 93 catchers mitt (baseball) and I love it! it makes a big diufference catching and I'm having more fun!
2) I tried sitting on a smaller bucket- 15 lb pool additive bucket that's probably a little higher than a 1 gallon paint can. first time using it was fine until a dropball hit the dirt in front of the plate and caught me in the upper shin, just below the knee. from the lower position, you're kind of stuck and can't move anywhere . from the 5 gal spackle bucket, I can still pop up for the occasional WP.

this hurt like an S.O.B.! I couldn't put weight on it for awhile but eventually I could limp around ok. funny thing was, the next day i was poking around and couldn't find any area of sensitivity- like nothing happened. then a few days (maybe a week) later, without thinking i tried to kneel and as soon as it touched the floor the pain went thru the roof! so I don't kneel with that leg anymore ;)

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I have been resistant to using a bucket. I prefer to squat. However, I am starting to reconsider that...

I have the bucket parents of my students us milk crates to help keep the glove low. On a bucket the pitchers get very comfortable throwing the ball what will be belt high in a game. Typically it is much easier to adjust up than down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles