bucket dad seeking catchers mitt with loudest pop

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Wilson Onyx mit. I have no idea what listed cost was but it's been a good glove so far for a 10u bucket dad. Has always popped more than other gloves I've used. I thought maybe due to solid webbing. I broke it in using Nokona glove cleaner cream and a 10lb mallet.

Jul 14, 2010
J9 Nokona worth every penny - got it direct from J9 at a great price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 4, 2015
Purchased the JCV-PC for use on the bucket. Loud pop, but is tough to break in. I have small hands so it works well for me.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Web design will have a big influence on the sound, and you need to catch the ball cleanly in the webbing for maximum sound. If that does not work, try putting a couple of these in the pocket...
Game-TT-Caps-Gun-Amo.jpg

Apr 12, 2013
I warmed up my DD with a Nokona borrowed from another dad/coach. Holy cow, my ears were ringing when I was done...no joke. I've never heard such a loud glove. I told the coaches to use it just for the intimidation factor!

Oh this is so true... I THANK the catcher in my DD's skills video for having a Nokona. WOW is it loud and my DD was a 2nd year 14 at the time...... 16,000 views later the video still getting lots of hits and that glove still POPS!. THANKS Catcher!

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2009
Application of a liberal amount of glove or mink oil in the pocket will provide the desired results. My niece also used a Nokona and would do this in games when catching my DD. Sounded like a firecracker and played serious head games with the opposition. :)

Somehow I don't think that was a factor in your DD's performance. ;)

May 23, 2015
I caught for 15 years and I can make any glove pop regardless of the ball speed. It's all about timing. That said my daughter has a Vinci and a Nokona banana tan mitt and the Nokona SLAMS! Her pitchers request the Nokona in games. Closed web mitts will crack significantly louder that open web models

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad