Camp update

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Thanks to DFP advice and encouragement, DD attended her first college camp this weekend. She got much more than softball out if it.

DD attended Harvard's all day camp where she got to work out with the coaches, players, and play with other kids from all over the country. Thanks to the weather, only about 45 girls attended, so she got lots of play time in the scrimmages (4 teams).

The camp was mostly 2017/18, a few 19, and she was one of only two 2020's. She held her own on defense, but the pitching was something she had never experienced. She struck out 4 times, but had some good looks and I was proud of her for hanging in and taking her cuts.

During lunch she got to eat with and chat with the Harvard players. To her credit, she asked them tons of great questions! At the end of camp, Coach Allard spoke to the girls not only about softball, but spent 15-20 minutes on academics and HS preparation and work required to attend Ivy League and top tier schools.

DD left camp inspired and motivated, as much (if not more) for academics, as for softball. She came home and started researching schools and what they look for in students. And she played with new found tenacity in her Sunday game.

I'm not sure if she'll ever play in college or if she'll get into Harvard (her current love), but she learned a lot in one afternoon and it was worth every penny.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to share a great experience and thank DFP'ers who've been there for the great advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Great write up, sounds like a wonderful experience for your daughter. It's hard to imagine coming away from a camp with anything much more valuable than that!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma