Bustos - Howard Carrier

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
We can all talk and talk and talk.
We can all claim and put down others and pad our egos.
We can all tally up our thanks for our Expert ADVISE.

THE ONE REAL TRUTH, Is the Proven Success, that Straightleg, and Howard brings to the table.
REAL advise, real students, REAL hitting coaches, and the willingness to share in a positive manner.

Thank you

I get the groupie-like rah rah rah talk .... honestly I do .... doesn't mean I respect it, but I do get it. Folks shouldn't be afraid to share constructive information. Really, ... one way to promote the groupie-mentality is to mix in some content. For example, if the leader recently tuned up someone's swing, then describe the process. Describe the point-of-emphasis, what was being corrected, and what was done to make those corrections. Don't be afraid to get into details.

Content is king. Groupie talk ..... sort of boring for many of us .... but to each their own.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
When Howard was with team china, he was working with their timing and asked how do you count in Chinese. E being 1 and R being 2.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEER in slow motion to time the pitcher. R being when you unload to impact.
Howard worked with her on timing and she was floating out to toe touch, balanced and focused.
I told her after one of her games, your timing looks great this weekend

That also is how I seen this photo....Thanks

SL

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Bluedog:

It's about pitch recognition.....

MLB hitters know how to use their vision effectively....Amateur hitters do not......The location and speed of the pitch should determine the timing of the swing sequence....This is what MLB hitters do.....

1) Recognize speed and location of the pitch
2) Time the sequence

Oct 19, 2009
SL
When Howard was with team china, he was working with their timing and asked how do you count in Chinese. E being 1 and R being 2.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEER in slow motion to time the pitcher. R being when you unload to impact.
Howard worked with her on timing and she was floating out to toe touch, balanced and focused.
I told her after one of her games, your timing looks great this weekend

That also is how I seen this photo....Thanks

DD uses the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEER in her head to help her time the pitches and has had success thanks to Howard. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild