Bustos - Howard Carrier

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Casey struggled in last weeks tournament. Asked Howard to tune her up.
First pitcher she faces was from a big name D1 college. First hit today was a 1 hopper to the fence.
First play in the field she dove stopped the ball deep at short, threw the girl out at first from her knees.
She hit well today, translated to great field play.

Howard you are the man!!!

Love ya buddy...
Gerry

Casey today.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2013
This week Crystl did an impromptu meet and greet at our local rec league in LA and DD got her old Rocketech signed. I heard she was very gracious with her time. I hope next time she visits she does a hitting clinic.

Oct 14, 2008
FFS Complex may soon be joining Napoleon Complex in the pop psychology lexicon to refer to a hitting instructor who can not tolerate other instructors being recognized for contributing to a hitter's success.

This may be one of the funniest lines I have heard of in a while. The FFS Complex...... gave me quite a laugh

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
According to the coffee shop manager, Mr. Complex. This swing advise does not work from Mr. Carrier

6-0 Tournament winners this weekend
Casey hit real well and went yard her last at bat in the championship game.
She has a signed home run ball for him. I have some special Tennessee Tea...:D

Thanks
Howard

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
We can all talk and talk and talk.
We can all claim and put down others and pad our egos.
We can all tally up our thanks for our Expert ADVISE.

THE ONE REAL TRUTH, Is the Proven Success, that Straightleg, and Howard brings to the table.
REAL advise, real students, REAL hitting coaches, and the willingness to share in a positive manner.

Thank you

Feb 7, 2013
The bottom line is that with the composite bats, big 12inch ball, and improved strength conditioning, batters can have good success with a variety of different swings and swing flaws. The high level MLB swing, while ideal, may not necessarily be needed at the fastpitch level.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
The bottom line is that with the composite bats, big 12inch ball, and improved strength conditioning, batters can have good success with a variety of different swings and swing flaws. The high level MLB swing, while ideal, may not necessarily be needed at the fastpitch level.

There are components of the HLS that make it crucial to be taught.
I believe the one main aspect, is the ability to adjust to ALL pitches in the hitting zone.

This crucial element to me, is the angle of the bat, and the ability to adjust the angle of the bat in a correct fashion.
I will stop there, but the girls must get this part right. No LEVEL SWING.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
casey 2014 tournament troy ohio 156.jpg

I took photos of all the girls, got one of Casey going out to toe touch. She was slow and soft, her foot was still an inch off the ground here...

SL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32