Building your Mound -Cliff Note Version

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Well, if we start makiung these gals pitch from a mound,,,, they BETTER have an awesome drop!

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Language, any langauge, is arbitrary by definition. The reason the noises are coming out of our mouths are considered a language is because another person is there to recieve it and understand it. If a person is speaking Swahili to a person who does not understand that language, then the speaker is only making noise that is not being understood by the listner. My point is, when the word "mound" is used by a person on a softball pitching forum then everyone knows exactly what he/she is talking about. Why must we constantly try to make a point about a word (mound) can only be used when only referencing baseball when everyone knows the speaker is referencing softball? This is a softball pitching forum, not a baseball pitching forum!!!

There is already the notion that "fastpitch" is girls' baseball, it is not.

That's a problem, and it led to softballs demise in the Olympics.

It also drives me crazy to use the term pitching rubber, it's a pitcher's plate. . .girls don't use a rubber. . .:cool::p

Dec 7, 2011
lol

Reminds me of my first ignorant-to-softball move where I built an immaculate "mound" in my backyard and when DD climbed up on that mountain she said "what, ya want me to hang-glide from here?!?"......

Apr 9, 2012
Lol-Thread jack if I ever saw one.

I am planning to build a field in one of my pastures. Great info on the dirt/foundation. What other advice for a home based field?

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
We finally did this to our batters box and pitching area today. Can't wait to get kids on the field to try it out!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrakesii