bucketdad catcher's mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I would suggest you keep your eye on Ebay for good deals. Buy a 34" catchers mitt designed for softball (wider pocket). As others have mentioned, you are not trying to throw out base runners so extra padding is more important than quick transitions. Some catchers mitts are made exclusively for a woman's hand without much adjustment - velcro is your friend! If you can get this Mizuno glove for less than $60 it is a steal!!!

Mizuno MVP Prime Series GXS53 Adult Softball Catcher's Mitt New 34" 041969738344 | eBay

Oct 10, 2011
mizuno

Thanks for the link- I've always liked Mizuno. After thinking about it, I think that price range is good for me since she'll be graduating at the end of next year. I'll keep my eye out for the Big Daddy also.

Nov 30, 2013
Thanks for the link- I've always liked Mizuno. After thinking about it, I think that price range is good for me since she'll be graduating at the end of next year. I'll keep my eye out for the Big Daddy also.
I think you will like this mitt.I caught my dd for the last 4 years using this mitt and it is still in great shape.If your DD throws with some velocity it sounds like a shotgun going off when the ball hits the glove when using it in a gym.

Oct 10, 2011
I think you will like this mitt.I caught my dd for the last 4 years using this mitt and it is still in great shape.If your DD throws with some velocity it sounds like a shotgun going off when the ball hits the glove when using it in a gym.

You mean the Mizzy right?

Oct 10, 2011
Mizuno

QUOTE=JAD;302327]I would suggest you keep your eye on Ebay for good deals. Buy a 34" catchers mitt designed for softball (wider pocket). As others have mentioned, you are not trying to throw out base runners so extra padding is more important than quick transitions. Some catchers mitts are made exclusively for a woman's hand without much adjustment - velcro is your friend! If you can get this Mizuno glove for less than $60 it is a steal!!!

Mizuno MVP Prime Series GXS53 Adult Softball Catcher's Mitt New 34" 041969738344 | eBay[/QUOTE]
I ended up getting this glove. I decided if it went higher than the Big Daddy glove I'd get that but it didn't. Hopefully it breaks in easily.
Thanks for the help everyone!

Nov 30, 2013
I had no problem breaking in the mitt. A little Vaseline and a few weeks of throwing/catching everyday and it was broken in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32