bucketdad catcher's mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Any suggestions for a catcher's mitt for me to use with my DD. I mainly just long toss and practice with her and currently use a Mizuno Pro 1st base glove with a palm gaurd but I'm tired of sore hands and broken blood vessels. My eyes aren't what they used to be do I don't always catch in the Web. I'd prefer something that breaks in fairly fast. Thanks!

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I bought a Louisville Slugger "big daddy" when dd was 10... I've used it with her and every pitcher I've ever worked with... best $70 I've ever spent. Mitt still has plenty of life left in it

Oct 10, 2011
big daddy

I bought a Louisville Slugger "big daddy" when dd was 10... I've used it with her and every pitcher I've ever worked with... best $70 I've ever spent. Mitt still has plenty of life left in it
Thanks James. .. I'll check that out. Hopefully it has good padding.

Mar 21, 2013
A big factor to consider is hand size. Most fastpitch softball catcher gloves are made for women and have small hand wells. I have big hands which limited me to 2 or 3 right out of the gate. I ended up with the Louisville Valkyrie. I can get my hand in it and it is reasonably priced.