Bucket dad at a facility.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 18, 2014
[/B]

Nothing worse that a drop ball catching the front edge of the plate and ricocheting up into your kibble and bits! LOL
Holy crap, especially at an indoor facility with the artificial turf and the ground up rubber base, when anything that hits the turf actually gains velocity on the bounce and tries to go into low earth orbit......

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Aug 23, 2016
She gave me a black eye about a month and a half ago. But that one was a ricochet off my glove. Sometimes i wonder if she holds back because she is worried i may get hurt if she throws it bad. I'm going to ask her. May throw a mask on and see if it lets her turn it loose more.

DD hit me in the face once when she was in 8U and I was warming her up. It wasn't her fault (long story), I wasn't badly hurt (definitely bruised but nothing serious), but DD could never throw to me full-speed again. If the mask will eliminate her fear, it's totally worth it.

Nov 18, 2013
My preferred method was to have her throw to one of her catchers while I’d have coffer with their Dad’s. Once in a while I get reminiscent about the early days of catching for her. Then I watch her actually pitch now and any desire to catch quickly disappears.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
Most of your cheap Home depot buckets aren't UV friendly. I've seen Dad's fall off their bucket when a missed drop ball hit the bucket and cracked it. Kind of funny when it happens though. My old work used to get 5 gallon black buckets with a spin-on lid. These work great and won't rot in the sun.

Dec 14, 2017
Just joined an indoor facility to take my daughter to. They have balls, tees, and the such in the cages to use. My question is, what do you take to sit on? There are no empty buckets and i'm not going to carry mine that has clay on the bottom. Do you take your on bucket that doesn't get on the dirt or do you have a short stool? New to the indoor cage setup. May just take a new bucket with me going forward. thanks

I'm from Tennesse and whats wrong with the clay?

Nov 4, 2015
Rich, i have lids on our buckets and they all keep clay built up on the bottom from being at a field. Didn't want to drag dirt into the facility. Had a bag with stuff in it and was seeing what others did at the cages. Will get new bucket with lid to haul stuff in and have it just for cage use.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez