Bragging thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 22, 2012
My 12 year old (7th grade) DD got to pitch 2 innings against the high school yesterday. Coach was behind her calling balls/strikes and telling her location and pitches to throw. Had a good showing, hitting her spots and striking out several of the upper classmen. She did leave one a little fat and had a senior to jack it over the fence, but besides that pitched well.

Plus her one at bat she hit one in the hole behind SS for a single.

She has been playing since age 6 and I have not seen her this excited for a season to start. Hope she never outgrows her love for this game.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD got to pitch against 8th graders when she was in 6th during middle school feeder ball, and the confidence she built during that season really helped when she went back to TB and pitched against girls who were her own age!

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
mawilson2,

We ALL hope our DD's never outgrow their love for the game :)

Sounds to me like your DD had a good outing and had some fun. Good for her!

Apr 22, 2012
Can she play with the HS, or was this just for practice? I love the story. Some of those HS girls need to step it up.

Yes Amy, there are girls that play up on the highschool teams every year in our area. She will be playing on the Freshman and JV team, with limited play at Varsity. The progress she has made while practicing with these older girls has been awsome.
There is a downside with her being so young around these older girls, but I think the good outweighs the bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877