Bonds ... catching the ball with the bat.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I will tell the player, show me knob down to the ball (ball on outside corner)( me physically holding a ball on the outside corner).They will look at me funny. Then I'll say from there get the barrel down to the ball( with the rule of down to)
I am not seeing the same sequence of events in the Posey clip, but maybe I am missing something. Is the knob to the ball motion you are demonstrating similar to what was shown in the clip of the TB players hitting off the tee?

Jun 8, 2016
Post #81 is exactly how I start my first lesson and knob to the ball

As long as that queue/feel produces something similar to Pujols' game swing that is great. However I personally don't see that initial knob to the ball action in Pujols' game swing.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Now I'll say it " you see what you want to see".

I use to be a Epstein guy. Lol. That's what I saw then. It was no match for good velo. Then I was a ... and there was... this is what I have evolved to. I run all the tests of course. Velo.. check. Adjustability.. check. Can adjust to different pitchers with a few pitches ... check. Power.. check(relative to hitter). Matches what the pros say... CHECK. Hanson principle.. Check. In my eyes. We see what we want .

Don't you question yourself a little bit when you say the pros don't know what they do... I know I did .

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I get the 'knob to the ball' but I'm lost on where the barrel gets to be 'up through the ball'. Pujols barrel is down to the ball and continues down through the ball.

That quote was from the Millar-De Rosa segment I referenced earlier. Up is down and out is extension. Those cues are from the barrel standpoint. Not the knob. Sorry for the confusion.

Jun 8, 2016
Now I'll say it " you see what you want to see".

I use to be a Epstein guy. Lol. That's what I saw then. It was no match for good velo. Then I was a ... and there was... this is what I have evolved to. I run all the tests of course. Velo.. check. Adjustability.. check. Can adjust to different pitchers with a few pitches ... check. Power.. check(relative to hitter). Matches what the pros say... CHECK. Hanson principle.. Check. In my eyes. We see what we want .

Don't you question yourself a little bit when you say the pros don't know what they do... I know I did .

If it is working for your hitters then that is all that matters in the end. I do believe the pros feel like they are doing what they say are doing, ,whether that feel actually translates into what they actually do in a game swing is a different story imo. This may not be a great example but if somebody asked you to explain how you formed words you could probably give an explanation of what you feel but unless you studied physiology you probably wouldn't be entirely correct. Most of these guys have hit well all of their lives, long before they probably ever took a look at their swings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODorr