Bill Hillhouse pitching demonstration

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2008
Good job, BM, way to man up. We definitely need more emoticons to distinguish between busting chops and bashing

The funny part is........As I watched the beginning of the clip and saw the hop.........I thought to myself........"Ya, I could see myself doing that".........Giggling inside.........

I stuck the smiley-winky thing at the end trying to make the "ribbing" obvious.........Guess that didn't work.......

Jun 13, 2009
With all due respect, I don't think I'm alone in thinking that many of your posts while having some incredible information in them also come off as condescending to some people. I don't blame Bill one bit for posting what he did because I read it the same way he did despite your smiley faces attached.

Like it or not boardmember, you have a certain status on this forum. Many of the folks look up to you and take what you say as gospel. There was just another post on another thread about somebody seeking your counsel and being unable to contact you because your inbox is full. So whether you like it or not you do have a certain "celebrity status" among the people here. That said I also understand that sometimes when we read things it can be easy to misunderstand and interpret an unintended "tone". Personally I find myself reading some of your posts and being I'm sure how you are meaning what you say: sarcastic or sincere. I don't know any of the people on this forum personally nor have I met any in person except for Bill. But I would be curious to know if I'm alone in my analysis here.

I also realize that I am a nobody. I am the father of a young pitcher, not a pitching coach in anyway shape or form. I respect the hell out of the time you taken to explain the internal rotation method, I just sometimes find myself wishing you used a different delivery in your posts.

CG.

May 22, 2012
I don't give a #%$ if BH and BM had a steel cage, bikini clad mud wrestling contest as long as they both keep doing what they are doing. :)

I think I would second the notion, although I may not watch this :) Attitude never bothered me, hey it's the internet! Lack of availability to my personal needs would be my beef! :)

Jul 26, 2010
90% of what you read on the internet is crap, including this post. The most important life skill to learn in the information age is how to filter out the BS from the content. It behooves us all to be responsible for our own filters, even when reading information posted by "celebrities"

-W

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2013
90% of what you read on the internet is crap, including this post. The most important life skill to learn in the information age is how to filter out the BS from the content. It behooves us all to be responsible for our own filters, even when reading information posted by "celebrities"

-W

While I somewhat agree about the internet in general, I think the vast majority of the information on this site is valuable and insightful and "policed" by knowledgeable people with many, many years of fastpitch experience who will call out BS and personal attacks when they see it.

Dec 16, 2010
BM

OK, I'll weigh in too, not that anybody asked.

It was obvious to me that you were kidding, likely mimicking other unnamed "contributors" to the site. Maybe that's because I've been lurking here for years (since 2008 IIRC) and feel like I know both you and Bill. But without that background, who knows how I might have read it?

Not surprised by Bill's response--he's explained that he's more than a visual/kinesthetic guy who gets info better when he's shown/told. As someone whose (mostly brilliant) dry wit is mostly unappreciated, I feel your pain.

Both of you are great teachers, so thanks for that.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I know that I am VERY lucky to be exposed to the pitching insight of both Hillhouse and Boardmember (along with the other pitching gods who contribute here)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1